All fence and fence builders are NOT created equal.

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
callmefence
GURU
GURU

Re: All fence and fence builders are NOT created equal.

Postby callmefence » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:47 am

Bright Raven wrote:
callmefence wrote:
dun wrote:Getting them in straight isn;t the issue, it's finding enough dirt that is soft enough (i.e. not rock) that you can get it in the ground at all

For the most part I'd rather be in rock than dirt.

Explain. Why would you rather be in rock? Plus, if you get into shallow bedrock in my area, they have to go from driving to drilling. And that slows down progress.

Well yes sir.
Most rock I can drive pipe through. If not I can drill it quick enough. Apost drove 3 foot into rock will hold till the end of time. In our black clay you better be driving em 5 to 6 foot..
Edit to add...everyone is scared of rocks I can charge more
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:14 pm

callmefence wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
callmefence wrote:

For the most part I'd rather be in rock than dirt.

Explain. Why would you rather be in rock? Plus, if you get into shallow bedrock in my area, they have to go from driving to drilling. And that slows down progress.

Well yes sir.
Most rock I can drive pipe through. If not I can drill it quick enough. Apost drove 3 foot into rock will hold till the end of time. In our black clay you better be driving em 5 to 6 foot..

Thanks. Only a few times have they gotten into "shelf rock" on my farm. They drill. But goes faster when they can drive.
0 x

dun
Mentor
Mentor

Postby dun » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:58 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
callmefence wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

Well yes sir.

Thanks. Only a few times have they gotten into "shelf rock" on my farm. They drill. But goes faster when they can drive.

Till you drop half way off the ridge the shelf rock is only about 1-3 inches below the surface. And that doesn;t address the places where IT IS the surface.
0 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:35 pm

dun wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
callmefence wrote:
Well yes sir.

Till you drop half way off the ridge the shelf rock is only about 1-3 inches below the surface. And that doesn;t address the places where IT IS the surface.

Bed rock right on top of the ground is normal here. Farm Fence has seen it. I would much rather have exposed bedrock than 2 feet of dirt then rock. That's as rough as it gets
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Farm Fence Solutions
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:46 am

Fence's place was paved by the Good Lord. Only place there's any dirt is where he feeds cows. I guess everybody needs a mud hole. Lol
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”