Photo bucket is making me angry.

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
4x4dually
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Photo bucket is making me angry.

Postby 4x4dually » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:24 am

Google Photos Test......

[img]https://goo.gl/photos/mpSeuKY29RzSxT3M6[/img......

"It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct."

Fail fail and more fail...

https://goo.gl/photos/mpSeuKY29RzSxT3M6
0 x
Electrical Engineer.....with a few momma cows....so basically, Rancher still in training wheels.

4x4dually
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 4x4dually » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:41 am

Looks like ImgPuppy is decently easy to use.

It won't let me embed the image on this forum because of the size limits, but I can at least post the link to the photos. It might be something ya'll can try unless you've found another site to use.

http://www.imgpuppy.com/image/qtITZ
0 x
Electrical Engineer.....with a few momma cows....so basically, Rancher still in training wheels.

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:39 am

What I've been doing is saving the image to my computer from Photobucket and using the add image feature to post it here.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

4x4dually
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 4x4dually » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:42 am

slick4591 wrote:What I've been doing is saving the image to my computer from Photobucket and using the add image feature to post it here.

I guess I don't see where to "add the image" to this site. The other forums have a "manage attachments" button where I can upload them to the forum server then link them.
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:47 am

Look at the lower left of the Reply box. Some say it's not showing up for them tho.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

4x4dually
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 4x4dually » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:31 pm

slick4591 wrote:Look at the lower left of the Reply box. Some say it's not showing up for them tho.

I sure don't see it.
0 x

4x4dually
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 4x4dually » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:39 pm

Looks like the BBcode actually works here. I must have been doing it wrong. I was going to say...works on the diesel forum.

0 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:50 pm

I'm on another (non-cattle related) forum that allows me to take a screenshot on my computer, open it in Paint, select an area, copy it, and paste the selection directly into a response without being saved out as a separate file first. That sure is nice sometimes.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

4x4dually
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 4x4dually » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:09 pm

Rafter S wrote:I'm on another (non-cattle related) forum that allows me to take a screenshot on my computer, open it in Paint, select an area, copy it, and paste the selection directly into a response without being saved out as a separate file first. That sure is nice sometimes.

Dang...that would be so nice. Just use the "snipping tool" and paste it. I'd love that!
0 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:38 pm

4x4dually wrote:
Rafter S wrote:I'm on another (non-cattle related) forum that allows me to take a screenshot on my computer, open it in Paint, select an area, copy it, and paste the selection directly into a response without being saved out as a separate file first. That sure is nice sometimes.

Dang...that would be so nice. Just use the "snipping tool" and paste it. I'd love that!

Yup. It's pretty handy. That forum (https://forum.solidworks.com/welcome if anyone is interested) is related to the software I use at work, so I'm forever taking screenshots to show someone else how to do something (and occasionally to ask questions, but mostly answering others now).
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

4x4dually
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 4x4dually » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Rafter S wrote:Yup. It's pretty handy. That forum (https://forum.solidworks.com/welcome if anyone is interested) is related to the software I use at work, so I'm forever taking screenshots to show someone else how to do something (and occasionally to ask questions, but mostly answering others now).

Oh, God. I'm using Solidworks right now. Don't look for my latest batch of posts on that forum. That software makes me want to stomp kittens most of the time. Same great user name....same great user attitude. LOL Been a SW user since 2001.
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:03 pm

Never got into solidworks... still using Autocad because I'm more familiar with it, though it makes me want to stomp kittens a lot of the time as well
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

4x4dually
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 4x4dually » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:06 pm

I've used AutoCAD since release 12 version C back around 1994 or so and I'll have to say, I only do 2D with it but I absolutely love it. It NEVER crashes. All our 3D designs are SW. We are on 2017 SP2.0 and it crashes daily. EPDM is no better. I only visit their forum to raise he ll. Us users are pretty tired of being beta testers all year long every year. $.02
0 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:13 pm

I suspect the EPDM may be the cause of some (or all) of your issues. I go days, and sometimes weeks, without crashing. And Nesi, I'll admit to being an AutoCAD novice, but it makes me want to stomp kittens and then run them through a meat grinder.
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:47 pm

I've been using AC for about 12 years or so, not in any sort of intensive way, I'm still an "intermediate" user at best.. I started doing 2D work in it when I was on the road and I had to get the shop at home to make me a part, since then I've used it to make several 3D things, my truck bumper was the most advanced and it turned out great.. Again, yes, absolutely frustrating at times!.. $^%%$ I don't you draw the #%#$ circle on the @#$@# plane I want!!!.. Nooo.. don't pick THAT #$%$ point, the one on top of it is the one I want!
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”