Photo bucket is making me angry.

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
4x4dually
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Photo bucket is making me angry.

Postby 4x4dually » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:08 am

Everything I build runs through Solidworks first for design check. I hate cutting material for anything before I know exactly what it needs to be. It's what happens when you place an engineer in a pasture. LOL

1 x
Electrical Engineer.....with a few momma cows....so basically, Rancher still in training wheels.

suzorse
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby suzorse » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:52 am

where were you guys seeing on photobucket 3.99 per ,month for 3d party hosting
as mine says 399.99 per year , I have been moving my pictures back to my computer and uploading to flicker , and deleting photos from photobucket
Suzanne
I have had 2 computers die since I started using photobucket so it is the only place for some of my photos
0 x
long time member of Keeping a Family Cow
permitted raw milk dairy 006
Ginger the Jersey/Highlander/Angus/Hereford milk cow
Sweet Pea Jersey/Hereford milk cow
and the ever changing
bottle calves

4x4dually
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 4x4dually » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:47 am

suzorse wrote:where were you guys seeing on photobucket 3.99 per ,month for 3d party hosting
as mine says 399.99 per year , I have been moving my pictures back to my computer and uploading to flicker , and deleting photos from photobucket
Suzanne
I have had 2 computers die since I started using photobucket so it is the only place for some of my photos

Honestly, I don't even know how much photobucket is charging. I just got an email that said I had to pay and I told them to get loaded in a bulls butt and get schidt in a river. LOL

Here's what I do on photos. What I did is bought an external hard drive that plugs into the USB port. About once a week or more, I'll drag all my photos off my phone or camera onto my PC hard drive. I folder them and organize. Then, every other week or so, I plug my external drive into the PC and run "GoodSync2Go," an free download sync tool. It will sync my PC folders with my external hard drive folders. If the PC dies, I have them all backed up. If the external drive dies, I have them all backed up on the PC. I don't believe in clouds and depending on having all my photos out there where a company can decided to change their policies and charge for you to use or get your own stuff back like photochukkit has just pulled. I like total control. I have lots of photos out on the web, but I have the master copies locked safe away. I can't imagine losing thousands of photos of my kids growing up. That would feel like a tornado took the entire house if I lost their pics.

There is some understanding when you sync folders you must know. You can "propagate deletions," do a one-way, a bi-directions, etc. You really need to know what it is doing before you start. Once you figure it out, just plug it in, double click it, and run it and go eat lunch. The set-up part is the important part. And there might be sync software out there that is better, that's just what I've used for a decade or better.
0 x
Electrical Engineer.....with a few momma cows....so basically, Rancher still in training wheels.

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:31 am

I back up my cattle records on One Drive. I'm pretty sure you can put photos there too.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

4x4dually
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 4x4dually » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:34 am

For cattle, I use an app called iCattleMgrPro.
0 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:58 am

4x4dually wrote:Everything I build runs through Solidworks first for design check. I hate cutting material for anything before I know exactly what it needs to be. It's what happens when you place an engineer in a pasture.png[/img]

It works pretty well for working pens too.

0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

4x4dually
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby 4x4dually » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Lot is in AutoCAD. Nice to know I'm not the only person that models freakin' fence. LMAO

Never again will I design a working facility with any 90 deg corners.....but it's what I started with 15 years ago before I knew better.

0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”