The juice is loose..........

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
jltrent
GURU
GURU

The juice is loose..........

Postby jltrent » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:48 pm

O.J. Simpson granted parole after nearly 9 years in prison

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/oj- ... li=BBnb7Kz

O.J. Simpson was granted parole Thursday after more than eight years in prison for a Las Vegas hotel heist, successfully making his case in a nationally televised hearing that reflected America's enduring fascination with the former football star.

Simpson, 70, could be a free man as early as Oct. 1. By then, he will have served the minimum of his nine-to-33-year armed-robbery sentence for a bungled attempt to snatch sports memorabilia and other mementos he claimed had been stolen from him.

He got the four votes he needed from the parole commissioners who heard his case. In agreeing to release him, they cited his lack of a prior conviction, the low risk he might commit another crime, his community support and his release plans.

During the more than hour-long hearing, Simpson forcefully insisted — as he has all along — that he was only trying to retrieve items that belonged to him and never meant to hurt anyone. He said he never pointed a gun at anyone nor made any threats during the crime.

"I've done my time. I've done it as well and respectfully as I think anybody can," he said.

Inmate No. 1027820 made his plea for freedom in a stark hearing room at the Lovelock Correctional Center in rural Nevada as four parole commissioners in Carson City, a two-hour drive away, questioned him via video.

Simpson, gray-haired but looking trimmer than he has in recent years, walked briskly into the hearing room dressed in jeans, a light-blue prison-issue shirt and sneakers. He laughed at one point as the parole board chairwoman mistakenly gave his age as 90.
0 x

torogmc81
Rancher
Rancher

Re: The juice is loose..........

Postby torogmc81 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:52 pm

"In agreeing to release him, they cited his lack of a prior conviction, the low risk he might commit another crime, his community support and his release plans."

I just had to laugh when I read this part. SMH. Crowded Jails, that's all they had to say
0 x

torogmc81
Rancher
Rancher

Postby torogmc81 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:57 pm

Well, it only took a few minutes for the jokes to start .......

"I can't believe Khloe Kardashian's dad is getting out of prison."

Haha, I had to reference these ignorant, idiotic false idols, but that is funny
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:26 pm

who didn't see that coming, guess they didn't want a riot on their hands....
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:11 pm

I don't ahve a problem with it. He served the time making him eligible. Board approved...send him down the road.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:22 pm

torogmc81 wrote:Well, it only took a few minutes for the jokes to start .......

Oj Simpson is kin to the Kardashians??
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:18 pm

callmefence wrote:

***** please.
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:47 pm

TexasBred wrote:I don't have a problem with it. He served the time making him eligible. Board approved...send him down the road.

33 years ain't what it use to be, most states minimum of 1/3 of the sentence needs to be served before eligible for
parole. I was a bit surprised that being found guilty of a double murder in a Civil trial can't be used in determining character in parole decisions, because he was acquitted in the criminal trial. I heard O.J. is homeless as his mansion was sold to pay legal fees and all he has to live on is his judgment proof $25,000 per month pension.
Last edited by Son of Butch on Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:01 pm

I got no problem with parole on this sheit, but they should have hung the sumbeitch in 1993.
0 x

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:55 pm

Ford is bringing the bronco back this year ......coincidence ........I don't think so.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

A.J.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby A.J. » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:38 pm

Based on his previous track record I'd bet he'll do something dumb to violate and will be back in some day.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:13 am

Ol' 243 wrote:
callmefence wrote:

***** please.

That just raises more questions..does ***** mean the same thing as sheit??
0 x
The more I work the luckier I get...TexasBred

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:31 am

Son of Butch wrote:
TexasBred wrote:I don't have a problem with it. He served the time making him eligible. Board approved...send him down the road.

33 years ain't what it use to be, most states minimum of 1/3 of the sentence needs to be served before eligible for
parole. I was a bit surprised that being found guilty of a double murder in a Civil trial can't be used in determining character in parole decisions, because he was acquitted in the criminal trial. I heard O.J. is homeless as his mansion was sold to pay legal fees and all he has to live on is his judgment proof $25,000 per month pension.

I have no idea how it works. Only that he apparently was "eligible" and was granted parole. I would think anything having to do with "prior" accusations of which he was acquitted could not be used especially in simply considering parole. It wasn't a retrial.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:41 am

he did the minimum and by all accounts did more time for the crime he was charged with and some speculate the time was inflated because of the crime he was not convicted of. If you watched the hearing you know that it is just a matter of time before he is back in because in his mind "hes a good guy " and has "never done anything wrong" . I would not be surprised if goldmans father don't just kill him. he is still keeping his promise to haunt him until he dies. he is 76 and I Expect him to just say F'It and take OJ out.
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:09 am

TexasBred wrote:
Son of Butch wrote:

I have no idea how it works. Only that he apparently was "eligible" and was granted parole. I would think anything having to do with "prior" accusations of which he was acquitted could not be used especially in simply considering parole. It wasn't a retrial.

A Civil trial guilty verdict is not an accusation... it is a fact.

Fred Goldman was not allowed to be at the hearing or speak to the parole board, but friends and family of O.J. were.
The Goldman family were indirect victims of the robbery as the items in question had previously been illegally put into hiding to evade selling them to pay the court ordered judgment. To think that a case of Pete Rose autographed baseballs had sentimental value to O.J. was really reaching for excuses for him not pay the Goldman family any of the judgment they had won.

Fred Goldman has a place in trivia history as the answer to:
Who is the only Jew to have won a Heisman Trophy?
:)
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”