Did I do him wrong?

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
User avatar
Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 23424
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:44 pm
Location: South Georgia

Re: Did I do him wrong?

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:13 pm

tom4018 wrote:
Jogeephus wrote:
dieselbeef wrote:tell em what ya just told us


I agree but if they still want it registered and you sold the calf under the pretense that it could be registered I think you should do whatever it takes to keep your word even if it costs you money.

Even if it took six months to get back with me? Now the fees are more regardless of my membership status.


I understand your feelings but I suspect this couple were novices and don't understand the registration process nor why its important to do things in a timely manner.

That is why I agree with Diesel when he says you should explain the situation to them and maybe they will see the trouble their ignorance has caused and opt not to get the papers. BUT if they want the papers I would do everything in my power to get them the papers even if it cost me more - UNLESS, you had spelled all this out to them at the time of purchase and have this down on paper.

Tom, I wouldn't "like" doing it, and I'd bytch for a couple days about having to do it, but at the end of the day I'd do it because I'd rather take one on the chin than get a bad name especially a bad name when its totally undeserved. That is just me. You need to just do what your gut says to do and whatever that might be I think you and I can both agree that dealing with the public is fun stuff.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 13910
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: heart of dixie

Re: Did I do him wrong?

Postby ALACOWMAN » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:18 pm

If i think I wronged someone, my conscience will get the best of me...I'd make my end right regardless, apparently yours is to,are you wouldn't be worried enough to ask....
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

User avatar
tom4018
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3546
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:46 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: Did I do him wrong?

Postby tom4018 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Craig Miller wrote:Do y'all think it would have been acceptable if the buyer had already been a member and ole Tom had waited six months to transfer the papers? No. There is an understood time agreement wether it's in writing or not.

At the very least I think he should pay the difference between what it would cost now versus 6 months ago. He is not communicating very well with me so who knows what will happen.
0 x

User avatar
Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 12344
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:37 pm
Location: Lillooet, BC, Canada

Re: Did I do him wrong?

Postby Nesikep » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:32 pm

Rafter S wrote:Explain the situation to them and offer to get the heifer registered if they'll pay the difference between what it will cost you to register her now and what it would have cost within 30 days of the sale ($105.00 if I understand the situation). If they don't want to do that then leave things as they are, or offer to buy the heifer back for what they paid, assuming she's been well taken care of.

exactly my thoughts!
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10383
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Did I do him wrong?

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:00 pm

tom4018 wrote:
Craig Miller wrote:Do y'all think it would have been acceptable if the buyer had already been a member and ole Tom had waited six months to transfer the papers? No. There is an understood time agreement wether it's in writing or not.

At the very least I think he should pay the difference between what it would cost now versus 6 months ago. He is not communicating very well with me so who knows what will happen.


How much did you sell her for? I ask because I've got a group of 20 that I plan to sell as bred heifers in the fall and I'm not sure how much I'll ask for them.

As for this situation, he waited too long and the window of opportunity to register the heifer has closed.

Thanks,

TT
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

User avatar
tom4018
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3546
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:46 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: Did I do him wrong?

Postby tom4018 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:17 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
tom4018 wrote:
Craig Miller wrote:Do y'all think it would have been acceptable if the buyer had already been a member and ole Tom had waited six months to transfer the papers? No. There is an understood time agreement wether it's in writing or not.

At the very least I think he should pay the difference between what it would cost now versus 6 months ago. He is not communicating very well with me so who knows what will happen.



How much did you sell her for? I ask because I've got a group of 20 that I plan to sell as bred heifers in the fall and I'm not sure how much I'll ask for them.

As for this situation, he waited too long and the window of opportunity to register the heifer has closed.

Thanks,

TT

She was fresh off the cow, if I remember right I sold her for $800. Basically stockyard price or slightly above.
Last edited by tom4018 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

User avatar
TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 10383
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Location: Live in Franklin, TN farm in Warsaw, KY

Re: Did I do him wrong?

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:42 pm

tom4018 wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
tom4018 wrote:At the very least I think he should pay the difference between what it would cost now versus 6 months ago. He is not communicating very well with me so who knows what will happen.

She was fresh off the cow, if I remember right I sold her for $800. Basically stockyard price or slightly above.

How much did you sell her for? I ask because I've got a group of 20 that I plan to sell as bred heifers in the fall and I'm not sure how much I'll ask for them.

As for this situation, he waited too long and the window of opportunity to register the heifer has closed.

Thanks,

TT


Thanks.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

User avatar
tom4018
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3546
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:46 am
Location: Kentucky

Re: Did I do him wrong?

Postby tom4018 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:43 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
tom4018 wrote:
TennesseeTuxedo wrote:She was fresh off the cow, if I remember right I sold her for $800. Basically stockyard price or slightly above.

How much did you sell her for? I ask because I've got a group of 20 that I plan to sell as bred heifers in the fall and I'm not sure how much I'll ask for them.

As for this situation, he waited too long and the window of opportunity to register the heifer has closed.

Thanks,

TT


Thanks.


Not sure how I messed up that post.
0 x


Return to “Every Thing Else Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests