What will we do?

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Re: What will we do?

Postby wacocowboy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:38 am

Might be a good time to relocate to somewhere like Central or South America ain't nothing worth bombing down there.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:48 am

boondocks wrote:
Dave wrote:
Nesikep wrote:With the targets being liberal cities, I thought you guys would be thrilled :P

That was what I was thinking. NY, LA, and DC...... we couldn't be that lucky.

Wow. Nice. Guess you missed those pictures of people jumping from the World Trade Center Towers. Your fellow Americans.

Do you really think I was being serious? The reality of the matter is one of their targets would most assuredly be the Seattle/Tacoma area. Bremerton naval base, McCord air force base, Fort Lewis, and Boeing are all in very close proximity of those cities. And I am 30 to 60 miles from all of those. How good at hitting their target would they be? There is a very real possibility that they land one in my front yard.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:52 am

I'm guessing, at the current stage of their development, they would be lucky to be able to get it to land in any particular state, much less hit a specific city.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:47 am

greybeard wrote:I'm guessing, at the current stage of their development, they would be lucky to be able to get it to land in any particular state, much less hit a specific city.

As I said my front yard.... maybe the backyard. But which ever it is, of all the people on CT I am the closest to NK so the most likely to get hit...... and yet another reason to get this place sold and move.
0 x

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:41 pm

Dave wrote:
boondocks wrote:
Dave wrote:
That was what I was thinking. NY, LA, and DC...... we couldn't be that lucky.

Wow. Nice. Guess you missed those pictures of people jumping from the World Trade Center Towers. Your fellow Americans.

Do you really think I was being serious? The reality of the matter is one of their targets would most assuredly be the Seattle/Tacoma area. Bremerton naval base, McCord air force base, Fort Lewis, and Boeing are all in very close proximity of those cities. And I am 30 to 60 miles from all of those. How good at hitting their target would they be? There is a very real possibility that they land one in my front yard.

I know 2 people who lost friends and family on 9/11.
I guess I'm a bit tired of the city-bashing on this site. I have lived in urban, rural, and suburban areas; never once heard a city dweller even jokingly say they wished the rural areas were blown up by foreign enemies. But I have read that here too many times to count.
0 x

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:03 pm

boondocks wrote:
Dave wrote:
boondocks wrote:

I know 2 people who lost friends and family on 9/11.
I guess I'm a bit tired of the city-bashing on this site. I have lived in urban, rural, and suburban areas; never once heard a city dweller even jokingly say they wished the rural areas were blown up by foreign enemies. But I have read that here too many times to count.

I use to sit by a guy in church who was in the towers that morning. He left his girl friend in a business meeting in one of the upper floors and went off to see the sites. He was still on site when the first tower came down. He woke up a week later in the ICU.
I also have never heard a urban dweller say they wish a foreign power would blow up rural areas, but I certainly been insulted personally by city people because I live in a rural area. I have bit my tongue darn near to bleeding listening to city dweller insult people who live in the country. Because you know us country bumpkins are a bunch of illiterate hicks that just don't know how the world really works.
0 x

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:42 pm

[quote="Dave"

I use to sit by a guy in church who was in the towers that morning. He left his girl friend in a business meeting in one of the upper floors and went off to see the sites. He was still on site when the first tower came down. He woke up a week later in the ICU.
I also have never heard a urban dweller say they wish a foreign power would blow up rural areas, but I certainly been insulted personally by city people because I live in a rural area. I have bit my tongue darn near to bleeding listening to city dweller insult people who live in the country. Because you know us country bumpkins are a bunch of illiterate hicks that just don't know how the world really works.[/quote]

I hear you. But a lot of folks on here likewise trash city dwellers for not knowing which end of a cow is up, or for otherwise-perceived gross failings of intellect, education, common sense, religiosity, and morality.

I guess my personal credo is to try to find what unites us, not what divides us. Often hard; sometimes dam-near impossible, but worth the effort. IMHO
0 x

Ryder
GURU
GURU

Postby Ryder » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:51 am

Bigfoot wrote:In what seems like another life, I was a bouncer. Standing rule was strike first, and hit hard enough to end the fight before it starts.

I agree with this philosophy. But since Ronald R. was president nobody believes we will do anything.
So we back up, wait, back up, wait.
0 x
Ryder

Deo Vindice

wacocowboy
GURU
GURU

Postby wacocowboy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:05 am

greybeard wrote:I'm guessing, at the current stage of their development, they would be lucky to be able to get it to land in any particular state, much less hit a specific city.

I was driving one night and was listening to this guy on the radio. He said since they can't target very well they might blow it up in the air so it would cause an EMP and that would cause more damage than striking a city. I don't know if that is plausible heck that dude might of been full of BS. It is pretty scary knowing they could get one over us and do a lot of damage without having to strike a target.
0 x
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. - Will Rogers

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”