Termite attack

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Re: Termite attack

Postby cowgirl8 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:24 pm

Rafter S wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:She doesn't mention its eating the wood, just her clothes... moths...

Copied and pasted from the OP: "my wardrobe is under termite attack. It is made from wood"

My first comment questions this...The whole post makes no sense....
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:40 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
Rafter S wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:She doesn't mention its eating the wood, just her clothes... moths...

Copied and pasted from the OP: "my wardrobe is under termite attack. It is made from wood"

Then why did you say "She doesn't mention its eating the wood, just her clothes"?

Edit: On the other hand, never mind. I give up.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:08 pm

Rafter S wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:
Rafter S wrote:

Then why did you say "She doesn't mention its eating the wood, just her clothes"?

Edit: On the other hand, never mind. I give up.

See this is the perfect example....you guys keep bringing it up...Let it gooooooooo let it goooooooo
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:18 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
Rafter S wrote:

. I think your ( gulp). Right about the moths... :cowboy:
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:50 pm

We simply answered the questions that were asked.

I did not see anything mysterious or questionable about the OP's post. According to the study manual I have from my applicator's license, there are 3 different kinds of termites in North America. Dry wood termites, Damp wood termites, and subterranean termites. Subterranean termites cause most of the damage in the US (70%), followed by dry wood termites (30%), and wet wood termites cause the least damage (about 10%).

They'll eat anything with cellulose in it. When I was a teenager, we had an old very heavy player piano, that sat in a bedroom for years. We went to move it one day, and a leg and part of the side just broke off. Full of termites.

Dunno if OP's ruined clothes were cotton, but it's at least conceivable that with cotton's high cellulose content that termites got it, but there are all kinds of different bugs that will eat fabric. Even roaches.
If I remember correctly, termites are more closely related to roaches than they are ants.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:08 pm

Sorry to break the news, but OP Cindsein is a habitual spammer and lives in a high rise in Toronto and had a link attached in the opening post selling cabinets but the link has since been deleted.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:30 pm

ga.prime wrote:Sorry to break the news, but OP Cindsein is a habitual spammer and lives in a high rise in Toronto and had a link attached in the opening post selling cabinets but the link has since been deleted.

LOL and i'm guessing their English was no good too... and why it was so confusing.. See i'm not the bad guy here..
0 x

ga.prime
GURU
GURU

Postby ga.prime » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:37 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
ga.prime wrote:Sorry to break the news, but OP Cindsein is a habitual spammer and lives in a high rise in Toronto and had a link attached in the opening post selling cabinets but the link has since been deleted.

LOL and i'm guessing their English was no good too... and why it was so confusing.. See i'm not the bad guy here..

English is obviously not their first language.
0 x
where'd it come from, how'd it get there?

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:34 pm

greybeard wrote:We simply answered the questions that were asked.

I did not see anything mysterious or questionable about the OP's post.

Right there with you GB. I've read it again. Nothing confusing.

My wardrobes are cedar. Raw cedar interior. Same with cedar chests. I've built many chests. All my grandkids get them. The antique wardrobes are all purchases. I've managed to buy them cheaper than what I could build one for. I don't use them as designed.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:39 pm

If it's a serial spammer, can't they be blocked?
0 x

Ol' 243
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Ol' 243 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:32 am

boondocks wrote:If it's a serial spammer, can't they be blocked?

Please don't, very entertaining reading. Some of CG8's best work yet.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”