Cattle Operation COOP

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
SSYCK
Beginner
Beginner

Cattle Operation COOP

Postby SSYCK » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:43 pm

Was wondering if anyone has experience of having 2 cattle operations on one farm? As far as costs owed to the owner of the farm that the smaller operation is operating on. Ex: hay, equipment, feed, etc....
0 x

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Re: Cattle Operation COOP

Postby Craig Miller » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:15 am

Work out a deal youre both happy with. It is easy to work out hay, feed, minerals, supplements(ie protein tubs). What you may not think about though is figuring out who will do what work and when. Who is going to fix fences. Who is going to put out the hay. Who is going to keep minerals put out or Feed put out. Who will haul the hay in or cut and bale. When you run out who will go get more and haul it in. Who will work on equipment. Will it be a split 50 50 or will one end up doing all the work. Will one person be in charge of making sure the tractors stay full on diesel or will it be empty every time you get on it. Whose equipment will be used. Who will go out and buy a new equipment when yours is done. Will there be hard feelings if one owns the equipment and the other tears something up. If that happens will the drivers fix it or will repairs be split. Lots of things to consider that you may not have thought of.
1 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:02 am

Like most partnerships, it sounds like a recipe for disaster.
3 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

pricefarm
Rancher
Rancher

Postby pricefarm » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:26 pm

I have always been told a partnership is a sinking ship.
1 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”