Ambidextrous toilet!

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1306
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm
Location: Western tip of VA

Ambidextrous toilet!

Postby jltrent » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:50 pm

I never could understand or figure out why they left a gap in the center of the front of the seat. Anybody know why? Years ago it seemed the gap was very common and they had a black seat on just about all of them. Kinda nasty looking...

Image
Last edited by jltrent on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

User avatar
dun
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 47238
Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:34 am
Location: MO Ozarks

Re: Ambidextrous toilet!

Postby dun » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:52 pm

For the dribble when men don;t lift the ring
2 x
"“The more you know, the more you know you don't know.” ― Aristotle

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14813
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Ambidextrous toilet!

Postby greybeard » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:44 pm

The older I get, the more I appreciate a taller toilet...
2 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

cowboy43
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1791
Joined: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:36 am
Location: Central Texas

Re: Ambidextrous toilet!

Postby cowboy43 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:17 pm

Don’t know what that word means,is it similar to bisexual toilet.?
0 x

User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1306
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm
Location: Western tip of VA

Re: Ambidextrous toilet!

Postby jltrent » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:35 pm

cowboy43 wrote:Don’t know what that word means,is it similar to bisexual toilet.?

I kinda think in this case you can wipe from either side as some people are strictly lefty's an some are righty's. Not sure though, just like the seat gap thing.
0 x

D2Cat
Rancher
Rancher
Posts: 781
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:16 pm
Location: 50 miles south of Kansas City

Re: Ambidextrous toilet!

Postby D2Cat » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:29 pm

I copied this right off the internet. "Simnick explains that the open seat was designed to allow women “to wipe the perineal area after using the water closet” without contacting a seat that might be unhygienic. The U-shaped seat in public restrooms is a requirement of IAPMO's Uniform Plumbing Code.Apr 23, 2013"
0 x

User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1306
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm
Location: Western tip of VA

Re: Ambidextrous toilet!

Postby jltrent » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:38 am

D2Cat wrote:I copied this right off the internet. "Simnick explains that the open seat was designed to allow women “to wipe the perineal area after using the water closet” without contacting a seat that might be unhygienic. The U-shaped seat in public restrooms is a requirement of IAPMO's Uniform Plumbing Code.Apr 23, 2013"
Dcat thanks for the info
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3648
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Ambidextrous toilet!

Postby callmefence » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:52 am

I thought it was to keep a sealed vacuum from forming and trapping people.
In three days I've learned about chimichanga baboons, the battle of Brisbane, and the function of toilet seats. This place is unbelievable.
6 x
Always take care of your credit. When you need it. It will take care of you.

Tennessee Tuxedo


You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 28510
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Ambidextrous toilet!

Postby TexasBred » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:28 am

callmefence wrote:I thought it was to keep a sealed vacuum from forming and trapping people.
In three days I've learned about chimichanga baboons, the battle of Brisbane, and the function of toilet seats. This place is unbelievable.

Tomorrow you'll learn the answer to that question everyone wonders about : Do all hogs have right hand threads. :lol2: :lol2: :hide:
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
HDRider
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4336
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:25 am
Location: NE Arkansas

Re: Ambidextrous toilet!

Postby HDRider » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:03 am

TexasBred wrote:
callmefence wrote:I thought it was to keep a sealed vacuum from forming and trapping people.
In three days I've learned about chimichanga baboons, the battle of Brisbane, and the function of toilet seats. This place is unbelievable.

Tomorrow you'll learn the answer to that question everyone wonders about : Do all hogs have right hand threads. :lol2: :lol2: :hide:

I don't even understand the question.
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

callmefence
GURU
GURU
Posts: 3648
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:36 pm
Location: Fencemans place...central Texas

Re: Ambidextrous toilet!

Postby callmefence » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:09 am

HDRider wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
callmefence wrote:I thought it was to keep a sealed vacuum from forming and trapping people.
In three days I've learned about chimichanga baboons, the battle of Brisbane, and the function of toilet seats. This place is unbelievable.

Tomorrow you'll learn the answer to that question everyone wonders about : Do all hogs have right hand threads. :lol2: :lol2: :hide:

I don't even understand the question.


Hogs literally "screw'
2 x
Always take care of your credit. When you need it. It will take care of you.

Tennessee Tuxedo


You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14293
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: heart of dixie

Re: Ambidextrous toilet!

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:28 pm

jltrent wrote:
D2Cat wrote:I copied this right off the internet. "Simnick explains that the open seat was designed to allow women “to wipe the perineal area after using the water closet” without contacting a seat that might be unhygienic. The U-shaped seat in public restrooms is a requirement of IAPMO's Uniform Plumbing Code.Apr 23, 2013"
Dcat thanks for the info

Yep,,this way I won't toss and turn all night wondering :cowboy:
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

User avatar
ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14293
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:16 pm
Location: heart of dixie

Re: Ambidextrous toilet!

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:30 pm

greybeard wrote:The older I get, the more I appreciate a taller toilet...

I bought one by accident, glad I did afterward..don't have to read the news between my knees...
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 14813
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Ambidextrous toilet!

Postby greybeard » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:07 pm

The first time I went to the Western Pacific, I was astounded by their toilets in so-called Japanese modern hotels. You just walk in and straddle a long trough looking thing in the floor, and squat. For a country boy like myself, it wasn't too much of a shock, but for some in my squadron it was a real culture shock.

Image
Image
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

User avatar
jltrent
GURU
GURU
Posts: 1306
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:04 pm
Location: Western tip of VA

Re: Ambidextrous toilet!

Postby jltrent » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:25 pm

[quote="greybeard"]The first time I went to the Western Pacific, I was astounded by their toilets in so-called Japanese modern hotels. You just walk in and straddle a long trough looking thing in the floor, and squat. For a country boy like myself, it wasn't too much of a shock, but for some in my squadron it was a real culture shock.

That is awful. It would be hard looking at a magazine using that.
0 x


Return to “Every Thing Else Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests