Walmart self check-outs................

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
User avatar
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2093
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:12 pm
Location: Idaho

Re: Walmart self check-outs................

Postby Bestoutwest » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:02 pm

Logar wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Your response seems to be a sad response - or perhaps one of privilege.


You can take your privilege and stick it. I hate this so much. Any time someone doesn't feel like the world has treated them right, they throw this card out there. Well, I'll tell you what, it isn't my fault my dad busted his hump and got where he got so that he could provide a solid life for my family. And it's not my son's fault that I've done the same. And it isn't the fault of a child whose parents DON'T work to provide a good life for them, but you know what? They can break the cycle. They are afforded an education and are given the opportunity to go on.

Sky seems to work his tail off.

End rant.
2 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh

User avatar
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 18480
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:11 am
Location: Free Rent ,VA

Re: Walmart self check-outs................

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:17 pm

Thanks for the compliments ... However, I have to be honest with yall I have been called many things by many people and rest assured Privileged is not one of them.
5 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5639
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Walmart self check-outs................

Postby Bright Raven » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:25 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:Thanks for the compliments ... However, I have to be honest with yall I have been called many things by many people and rest assured Privileged is not one of them.


Yes. I bet that is true. :lol:
0 x

Logar
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:42 pm

Re: Walmart self check-outs................

Postby Logar » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:30 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Logar wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
I disagree in the fact that the folks behind the registers where I go are usually slow have no sense of urgency about getting people in and out... ..


You probably ought to move then. You seem to have a low opinion of those beneath you.

Every person who does not get a pay cheque is unemployed. That is a fact - you ignored that point.

You pay their welfare costs if they do not work.

We do have a duty to our fellow man - and employment is one of those things that many who make a large salary or make more than a local salary tend to be removed from many realities of life.

I often wonder how folks would think if they were to reverse their life scenario and be the one losing the job.

Your response seems to be a sad response - or perhaps one of privilege.



You condescending, selfrighteous SOB if you would take half the time to learn a bit about Sky as you do to talk bad about everything that isn't about you, then folks might give two shyts about you and what you think about anything. What the he// did he say that set you off?? Nobody is guaranteed a job. Ever....anywhere.....


LOL

Hook line and sinker

Your response was entirely predictable - too funny indeed.

Perhaps YOU need to look in the mirror.

LOLOLOL.................
0 x

Logar
Cowhand
Cowhand
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:42 pm

Re: Walmart self check-outs................

Postby Logar » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:31 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
Logar wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:Your response seems to be a sad response - or perhaps one of privilege.


You can take your privilege and stick it. I hate this so much. Any time someone doesn't feel like the world has treated them right, they throw this card out there. Well, I'll tell you what, it isn't my fault my dad busted his hump and got where he got so that he could provide a solid life for my family. And it's not my son's fault that I've done the same. And it isn't the fault of a child whose parents DON'T work to provide a good life for them, but you know what? They can break the cycle. They are afforded an education and are given the opportunity to go on.

Sky seems to work his tail off.

End rant.


LOL

Hook line and sinker
Your response was entirely predictable - too funny indeed.

Perhaps YOU need to look in the mirror.

LOLOLOL.................
0 x

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29240
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Walmart self check-outs................

Postby TexasBred » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:40 pm

Logar wrote:You condescending, selfrighteous SOB if you would take half the time to learn a bit about Sky as you do to talk bad about everything that isn't about you, then folks might give two shyts about you and what you think about anything. What the he// did he say that set you off?? Nobody is guaranteed a job. Ever....anywhere.....

LOL

Hook line and sinker

Your response was entirely predictable - too funny indeed.

Perhaps YOU need to look in the mirror.

LOLOLOL.................

Wonderful that you were expecting it. Do the same thing again and expect the same reaction. Knock off your shyt and try to act like a good citizen. Bestoutwest you didnt' even get an original reply. Just an echo of what this be nice sent to me.
1 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

User avatar
Bright Raven
GURU
GURU
Posts: 5639
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:57 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Walmart self check-outs................

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:09 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
Logar wrote:
You probably ought to move then. You seem to have a low opinion of those beneath you.

Every person who does not get a pay cheque is unemployed. That is a fact - you ignored that point.

You pay their welfare costs if they do not work.

We do have a duty to our fellow man - and employment is one of those things that many who make a large salary or make more than a local salary tend to be removed from many realities of life.

I often wonder how folks would think if they were to reverse their life scenario and be the one losing the job.

Your response seems to be a sad response - or perhaps one of privilege.


Logar - No one is beneath me nor do I look down on anyone. I am stating the truth about what I see.. What sense does it make to tell someone to move because some people have poor work ethics in the area that they live? Everyone would be moving for the most part. I am not privileged but what I am is a hard worker that has overcome many trials and mountains in my way but every day I wake up is not a paved road to success. My salary can be $0.00 one year or could be unlimited but you can bet your bottom dollar if someone is paying me for my services they will get what they paid for and more no matter if its a $100.00 job or $100,000 job. Before you try to be smart and judge someone you may want to know something about them. Funny you mentioned reality.... I think you need to snap back into it. :2cents:


Addressed to Skyhightree1.
From: James Bond

I apologize for putting myself in your shoes. I want you to know that you have the right to live wherever you want to. I was out of line to suggest that you should move. Most of all, I am sorry that I labeled you as "privileged". I committed these injustices because you disagreed with me. No one is allowed to disagree with James Bond.

Cheers
3 x

User avatar
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 29240
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Heart of Texas

Re: Walmart self check-outs................

Postby TexasBred » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:12 pm

Bright Raven wrote:

Addressed to Skyhightree1.
From: James Bond

I apologize for putting myself in your shoes. I want you to know that you have the right to live wherever you want to. I was out of line to suggest that you should move. Most of all, I am sorry that I labeled you as "privileged". I committed these injustices because you disagreed with me. No one is allowed to disagree with James Bond.

Cheers


You don't step on superman's caps Ron....now you're really in trouble. Look for an american airplane with canadian markings on it piloted by some little guy in a baby blue U.N. Beanie.....you see it you better head for the hills.
1 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU
Posts: 4540
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:37 am
Location: NE Texas

Re: Walmart self check-outs................

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:17 pm

jltrent wrote:Every time I go to checkout at Walmart it is either a long wait, as very few human checkouts anymore, or go struggle to self-check out myself. I am getting better, but still hate it. Does anybody like the self checkouts?

That's all I use now. My only problem with them now is, they have larger bays, and one bag bays. I hate when a person with just a few items go to the only open big bay and not to the open smaller ones. I only go when I need a lot of stuff, so I need the big bay.. If a smaller bay opens when its busy, I let the person behind me go. This confuses so many people, but I think its because they haven't noticed the bays are different.. That will come with time though..
The less my things are touched the better I feel. No more finger licking cashiers opening bags for my things. I use to really get stress out...then i'd get home and get covered in cow manure, no logic I know.....lol
1 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

boondocks
GURU
GURU
Posts: 2349
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 2:22 pm
Location: Upstate NY

Re: Walmart self check-outs................

Postby boondocks » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:17 am

True story. About 5 years ago we were building our house. One night my son and I stayed up late painting. We were quite grubby but decided (the fridge being low) to go grocery shopping. It was about midnight so the only thing open was Wally, so there we went. Walking the aisles, we were tired and punchy, making wisecracks under our breath about the late night denizens of WalMart who were appearing in all their trashy zombie glory before our eyes. When, at the very same moment, we looked at each other: hair askew, sawdust on arms, paint-splattered holey clothes, old tennies, and realized with a shock: WE WERE THE PEOPLE OF WALMART!!!! :lol: :banana:
2 x

User avatar
greybeard
Mentor
Mentor
Posts: 15941
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm
Location: Cleveland Tx

Re: Walmart self check-outs................

Postby greybeard » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:14 am

boondocks wrote:True story. About 5 years ago we were building our house. One night my son and I stayed up late painting. We were quite grubby but decided (the fridge being low) to go grocery shopping. It was about midnight so the only thing open was Wally, so there we went. Walking the aisles, we were tired and punchy, making wisecracks under our breath about the late night denizens of WalMart who were appearing in all their trashy zombie glory before our eyes. When, at the very same moment, we looked at each other: hair askew, sawdust on arms, paint-splattered holey clothes, old tennies, and realized with a shock: WE WERE THE PEOPLE OF WALMART!!!! :lol: :banana:

A little off topic:
Years ago, brother and I worked for a drilling company as mechanics. He, I, and another mech had been working all day and half the night on a running rig about 70 miles from home, working on the diesels. We got done, washed the grime off our hands and forearms, and put on clean coveralls and on our way back home, we stopped in a bar in some little town for a cold beer..or 2 or 3....
Waitress looked at us kinda funny, but served us our beer and went down to talk to another customer that was looking our way too. In the mirror behind the bar, we saw why. We hadn't washed our faces and the soot from the engines had made us looked like raccoons...black with just the white around our eyes showing. We took our next beer to go.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!


Return to “Every Thing Else Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests