Walmart self check-outs................

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Re: Walmart self check-outs................

Postby Brute 23 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:59 am

I refuse to use the self-check out as gas stations though. They opened up a big new one at 59 & 37 and they were trying to get every one to use them. I politely asked to just check me out normal because I was in a hurry. The person said it will just take a second. I said no thank you, again, then I asked if they could just check me out like normal and they said no. I sat all my stuff on the counter and started walking off. They hollered for me to come back and just checked me out. I haven't been back in there.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

D2Cat
Rancher
Rancher

Postby D2Cat » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:21 am

I used the self checkout at Home Depot yesterday. They have one person who can assist you that covers 4 check outs, and is very helpful.
0 x

Ky hills
GURU
GURU

Postby Ky hills » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:29 am

At our local Walmart, there is usually only 1-or 2 checkouts open, especially in the evenings. Seems like there is usually somebody at the self checkouts but not near as many as you would think when the 1 cashier lane is backed up dang nigh to the door on the other side. For a few years the self checkouts here were closed down, the story I heard was that it was due to shoplifting.
I personally hate the self checkouts,
I was furious when the service stations started going to prepay or credit card at the pump.
1 x

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:27 pm

Pay at pump doesn't bother me except for when I can't get a receipt. I think if they can't print a receipt at the pump then they shouldn't be allowed to take your payment there
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:08 pm

Pay at the pump is about the only reason I carry a credit card. Paying in cash is about a thing of the past.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:32 pm

ga.prime wrote:New rule- if you're checking out at Walmart and an item won't scan, you get it for free.

Don't put that item in the bag unless you want the machine announcing to half the store there's an unauthorized item in the bagging area. I set my sunglasses down on that side and found that out.
0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:30 pm

slick4591 wrote:
ga.prime wrote:New rule- if you're checking out at Walmart and an item won't scan, you get it for free.

Don't put that item in the bag unless you want the machine announcing to half the store there's an unauthorized item in the bagging area. I set my sunglasses down on that side and found that out.

I noticed as I was checking out each machine apparently has a camera on you as you self checkout.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:41 pm

I don't like self check out b/c it boils down to the company saving money and usually not passing that on to the consumer. However, we do have a grocery story around here that does not have baggers, and has a self check-out. Their prices are better than anywhere else AND they treat their employees right. If you work there your entire life you will retire a millionaire, no joke.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maryjoseph ... e78dc85700
1 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:11 pm

We have a WinCo about 17 miles from us. Prices are good, but the meat ain't so good. You get what you pay for tho. We usually go there once every couple of months.
0 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:34 pm

jltrent wrote:Every time I go to checkout at Walmart it is either a long wait, as very few human checkouts anymore, or go struggle to self-check out myself. I am getting better, but still hate it. Does anybody like the self checkouts?

I love self check out for the most part.... what I don't like is the fact they shut those down late at night and only maybe 1 will allow you to pay with cash.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Logar
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Logar » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:56 pm

I never use any automated check outs - they are employment killers.
2 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:31 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:Pay at the pump is about the only reason I carry a credit card. Paying in cash is about a thing of the past.

Yep, I stop for fuel. Got no reason to go inside.
1 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

MRRherefords
Rancher
Rancher

Postby MRRherefords » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Dang self check out at Walmart ate my 20 the other day. Just chewed it right up!
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:10 pm

MRRherefords wrote:Dang self check out at Walmart ate my 20 the other day. Just chewed it right up!

Well, if you're like me, it just saved you the knowledge that your wife spent it somewhere....
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

A.J.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby A.J. » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:51 pm

It's probably just user error, but just about every time I try to use those something messes up and the person monitoring them has to come over and authorize or override something, so I don't wind up saving much time. As others have said I don't like the fact it takes away jobs either.
1 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”