Television Antenna

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Television Antenna

Postby hurleyjd » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:38 am

Any one here bought and installed one of the long range cheap antennas from Amazon. If so did it work for you. A lot of the reviews spoke highly by a large percent with a small percent posting as not acceptable.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: Television Antenna

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:51 am

I got this at Wal-Mart for $30.

It is amplified. Works great. 40 stations.

0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:57 am

It all depends on how far away and line of sight.
1 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:01 am

my parents have one on a pole . Cost was 30bucks iirc they get 12 to 15 channels . Every time I am there its like stepping back in time because gunsmoke , andy Griffith or Beverly hillbillys is on .
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:02 am

M-5 wrote:my parents have one on a pole . Cost was 30bucks iirc they get 12 to 15 channels . Every time I am there its like stepping back in time because gunsmoke , andy Griffith or Beverly hillbillys is on .

Funny. Same here. I feel ashamed. I started watching Gunsmoke and The Rifleman. Lol
0 x
Diogenes.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:22 am

Bright Raven wrote:
M-5 wrote:my parents have one on a pole . Cost was 30bucks iirc they get 12 to 15 channels . Every time I am there its like stepping back in time because gunsmoke , andy Griffith or Beverly hillbillys is on .

Funny. Same here. I feel ashamed. I started watching Gunsmoke and The Rifleman. Lol

wasn't the rifleman gay ???
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:23 am

Yup. That's what we use. It's around $100 for a 90 mile range. They work good if you have stations that close.

You can get them at Best Buy and other places also.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:24 am

M-5 wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

wasn't the rifleman gay ???

You mean the character or Chuck Conners?
0 x
Diogenes.

herofan
GURU
GURU

Postby herofan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:11 am

Bright Raven wrote:

Those are on my cable channels. There are at least three channels that show oldies shows. On Saturday, it’s old western all day on one channel.
0 x

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:19 am

Bright Raven wrote:

why would you feel ashamed for watching those shows?? Those are the shows I like to watch
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:26 am

ez14. wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

why would you feel ashamed for watching those shows?? Those are the shows I like to watch

I am not ashamed of watching those shows. I should have said that I am ashamed to be sitting in front of the TV. I would rather be out working. But this winter has been a 'sit in the house' winter.
0 x
Diogenes.

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:30 am

Bright Raven wrote:
ez14. wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

I am not ashamed of watching those shows. I should have said that I am ashamed to be sitting in front of the TV. I would rather be out working. But this winter has been a 'sit in the house' winter.
oh okay I can understand that
0 x

Craig Miller
GURU
GURU

Postby Craig Miller » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:32 am

0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”