2018 Best States To Live

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
shaz
GURU
GURU

Re: 2018 Best States To Live

Postby shaz » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:16 pm

Ky hills wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote:
M-5 wrote:Non taken , there are 4 distinct floridas so they picked wrong one.

Same here M-5 If you change "Texas" to "Dallas" it should be on the bottom of the list followed by Austin, then San Antone, then Houston.

I could retire to Navarre Beach, Florida just fine.

When I was a child, my parents went to Florida pretty often, my aunt and uncle had property in Ft. Myers.
It was nice to visit, but I am not real big on beaches and the crowds and traffic that amass around them.
That being said, I have often said that my ideal retirement dream would be to retire somewhere in central Florida, so I could fish in the lakes, and still be around some farming. Went to the stockyards there in Webster once.

I've been told that central Florida has some pretty good cattle volume. However, the same guy told me that Florida had more cows than Texas too.
0 x
"The Pope? How many divisions does he have?" Joseph Stalin

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:31 pm

shaz wrote:
Ky hills wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote:
Same here M-5 If you change "Texas" to "Dallas" it should be on the bottom of the list followed by Austin, then San Antone, then Houston.

When I was a child, my parents went to Florida pretty often, my aunt and uncle had property in Ft. Myers.
It was nice to visit, but I am not real big on beaches and the crowds and traffic that amass around them.
That being said, I have often said that my ideal retirement dream would be to retire somewhere in central Florida, so I could fish in the lakes, and still be around some farming. Went to the stockyards there in Webster once.

I've been told that central Florida has some pretty good cattle volume. However, the same guy told me that Florida had more cows than Texas too.

Florida is a large beef and milk producing state but since they figured out they could make more per acre selling it into sub divisions a lot of cow land has been developed. FL ranks about 12th in numbers but I seem to recall we would be higher if land mass is accounted for vs number of head
0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:36 pm

shaz wrote:
Ky hills wrote:
backhoeboogie wrote:

Florida has three ranches in the top 5 for the most cattle in the US. And the Deseret ranch in Florida has the largest amount of cattle in the country.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

MistyMorning
GURU
GURU

Postby MistyMorning » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:15 pm

Stocker Steve wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote: I know we have sunk with the northern influx.

This is a problem in many places. There are a lot of Canadians wanting to move to Minnesota due to the nice weather and the quality of shopping. :nod:

Lmao!
1 x
I have long known it was part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth... ~ Bill Bryson

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:44 pm

True Grit Farms wrote:
shaz wrote:
Ky hills wrote:

Florida has three ranches in the top 5 for the most cattle in the US. And the Deseret ranch in Florida has the largest amount of cattle in the country.
a lot of cattle country down there,, but folks think of it as more a vacation spot,, or a nursing home for Yankees....
1 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

wlamarparmer
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby wlamarparmer » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:05 pm

M-5 enlighten us. I see Panhandle, North Fla (Jacksonville, Tallahassee), middle Ocala, ??, then Orlanda/Tampa, rest South Fla Retirement. Correct ???
0 x

Stocker Steve
GURU
GURU

Postby Stocker Steve » Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:31 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:a lot of cattle country down there,, but folks think of it as more a vacation spot,, or a nursing home for Yankees....

GD Yankees
0 x
Stocker Steve

Kjfred
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Kjfred » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:39 pm

I'm not surprised Minnesotax made #2. What with all the new buffer strips going in, that wonderful new MNLARS system that makes our vehicle registration as pleasant as a frolic in the autumn mist, and let's not forget the amazing new stadium that has most likely paid for itself 10 times over by now.
Plus when the last of those greedy businesses finally get taxed out to other states there will be plenty of vacancy for more affordable housing for the poor folks not lucky enough to live where they voted themselves a 'living wage ' flipping burgers.
0 x
No matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there.

M-5
GURU
GURU

Postby M-5 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:14 am

wlamarparmer wrote:M-5 enlighten us. I see Panhandle, North Fla (Jacksonville, Tallahassee), middle Ocala, ??, then Orlanda/Tampa, rest South Fla Retirement. Correct ???

Panhandle, North Florida, central Florida and Cuba . All with distinct difference. Here is a little pic of 6 ways to divide it I thought accurately describes it also.

0 x
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." JFK

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:27 am

You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd but you can be happy if you want to be. Lyrics from a Roger Miller song
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:01 pm

hurleyjd wrote:You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd but you can be happy if you want to be. Lyrics from a Roger Miller song

And it's hard to soar like an eagle, when your surrounded by buzzards....
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:19 am

When I lived in Pensacola, the locals told me the whole panhandle was really just South Alabama...tho from what I've heard recently, Nuevo Alabama would be more accurate now. .
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:22 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:
hurleyjd wrote:You can't roller skate in a buffalo herd but you can be happy if you want to be. Lyrics from a Roger Miller song

And it's hard to soar like an eagle, when your surrounded by buzzards....

Buzzards and eagles eat at the same table
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:45 pm

Maybe the same meals....eagles takes theirs to-go...buzzards stunk the joint up .......https://youtu.be/xJXk0ZN40Do
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”