Fruit trees

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Fruit trees

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:43 am

Looks like this winter got my satsuma trees. On the other hand 11 degrees has the apple and peach trees covered in blooms.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Fruit trees

Postby skyhightree1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:10 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:Looks like this winter got my satsuma trees. On the other hand 11 degrees has the apple and peach trees covered in blooms.

I know what you mean all that warm weather had all my fruit trees in bloom and we just got 4 inches of snow yesterday. Looks like I probably wont get any fruit.
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

KMURBAN
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Fruit trees

Postby KMURBAN » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:01 am

Just a thought, If it's just a hard frost and you have a few trees you can put a sprinkler on them overnight and turn it off when the morning sun melts the frost on the ground.

I'm in southern Wisconsin. ( Sounds like a oxymoron) but have 100+ apple tree orchard. Last two years we have had a late enough frost to kill the flowers/ovaries. I've only ever seen this 2 times in 40 years and it was the last two. Looks like it may be a 3rd in a row. Seriously considering cutting them down and turning it into pasture. What's the point of 100 trees to get a dozen apples. This global warming thing really sucks. :bang:
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”