Tennesee slaughter Plant

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Tennesee slaughter Plant

Postby hurleyjd » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:29 am

Any one know any thing about the Tennessee Slaughter plant being raided by ICE. What happens in the long run.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Tennesee slaughter Plant

Postby Bigfoot » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:23 am

Other than it's been run that way for years, I have no details.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:46 am

Just doing the jobs Americans won't do.
1 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:51 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:Just doing the jobs Americans won't do.

Our labor participation rate has continued to drop. To quote our state Senator, "too many programs that pay better than low skilled jobs."
0 x
bball wrote: "The juice wasn't worth the squeeze."
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:53 am

HDRider wrote:

Our labor participation rate has continued to drop. To quote our state Senator, "too many programs that pay better than low skilled jobs."

I hope you're not proposing we scale back on the safety hammock, er, I mean net.
0 x

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:54 am

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:
HDRider wrote:

I hope you're not proposing we scale back on the safety hammock, er, I mean net.

I ain't no mean ole Republican.
0 x
Dun said, "You gotta be flexible. Do whatever you have to do for the best results within your limitations."

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:07 pm

hurleyjd wrote:Any one know any thing about the Tennessee Slaughter plant being raided by ICE. What happens in the long run.

The story...

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents arrested 97 people after raiding a Tennessee meat processing plant, in what civil rights activists say was the largest crackdown at a single place in almost a decade.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/04/06/ic ... plant.html
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:17 pm

The place is at Bean Station Tennessee about a 45 minute drive from me. I have taken older cows there and sold dressed weight instead of taking them to the market and have come out better on some that way. (Their only requirement is the cow has to be able to walk out of the trailer) No way I could work there. I had to wait about two hours one time to unload and about every 30 minutes you could here the gun shots killing the next cows in line and a loader on the other side with a big bucket on it bringing the guts out and dumping in a semi trailer. There was Mexicans everywhere the last time I went and they earned every penny they got. They run the cows down a lane and one area they took a Ruger 10-22 rifle and shot them in the head and hooked a cable and pulled them into the butcher area. I went over and picked the gun up and looked it over between killings. It sure needed a good cleaning.

This may close the place down and it has been there a long time.
0 x

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:13 pm

jltrent wrote:The place is at Bean Station Tennessee about a 45 minute drive from me. I have taken older cows there and sold dressed weight instead of taking them to the market and have come out better on some that way. (Their only requirement is the cow has to be able to walk out of the trailer) No way I could work there. I had to wait about two hours one time to unload and about every 30 minutes you could here the gun shots killing the next cows in line and a loader on the other side with a big bucket on it bringing the guts out and dumping in a semi trailer. There was Mexicans everywhere the last time I went and they earned every penny they got. They run the cows down a lane and one area they took a Ruger 10-22 rifle and shot them in the head and hooked a cable and pulled them into the butcher area. I went over and picked the gun up and looked it over between killings. It sure needed a good cleaning.

I used to live in Bean Station, on Cherokee lake. Beautiful place. Worked in Morristown at Jeffrey Chain.
1 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:45 pm

HDRider wrote:
jltrent wrote:The place is at Bean Station Tennessee about a 45 minute drive from me. I have taken older cows there and sold dressed weight instead of taking them to the market and have come out better on some that way. (Their only requirement is the cow has to be able to walk out of the trailer) No way I could work there. I had to wait about two hours one time to unload and about every 30 minutes you could here the gun shots killing the next cows in line and a loader on the other side with a big bucket on it bringing the guts out and dumping in a semi trailer. There was Mexicans everywhere the last time I went and they earned every penny they got. They run the cows down a lane and one area they took a Ruger 10-22 rifle and shot them in the head and hooked a cable and pulled them into the butcher area. I went over and picked the gun up and looked it over between killings. It sure needed a good cleaning.

I used to live in Bean Station, on Cherokee lake. Beautiful place. Worked in Morristown at Jeffrey Chain.

My wife is from there and her dad ran Wolfe Real Estate in Morristown on Buffalo Trail Road and her brother works at Mahle. Did you know Bug Hurley when you worked at Jeffrey Chain? ( I think he worked in the office and a close kin to my wife) My wife knows a lot of people that worked there before closing and I have been there several times. Down Northshore Drive before you get to Morristown is a pretty place.
0 x

HDRider
GURU
GURU

Postby HDRider » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:52 pm

jltrent wrote:
HDRider wrote:

My wife is from there and her dad ran Wolfe Real Estate in Morristown on Buffalo Trail Road and her brother works at Mahle. Did you know Bug Hurley when you worked at Jeffrey Chain? ( I think he worked in the office and a close kin to my wife) My wife knows a lot of people that worked there before closing and I have been there several times. Down Northshore Drive before you get to Morristown is a pretty place.

I went canoeing with Hurley down the Clinch. His daughter was with him. Lost the most expensive eye glasses I ever owned on that trip. I knew him well, great guy.

He and I were talking about Iraq, and he said we need to drop "bums" on them. I ask him what good would it do dropping homeless people in Iraq? He said, "No, bums, you know, go boom, blows stuff up."
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:09 pm

HDRider wrote:
jltrent wrote:
HDRider wrote:I used to live in Bean Station, on Cherokee lake. Beautiful place. Worked in Morristown at Jeffrey Chain.

I went canoeing with Hurley down the Clinch. His daughter was with him. Lost the most expensive eye glasses I ever owned on that trip. I knew him well, great guy.

He and I were talking about Iraq, and he said we need to drop "bums" on them. I ask him what good would it do dropping homeless people in Iraq? He said, "No, bums, you know, go boom, blows stuff up."

The daughter was either Penny or Robin and the "bums the way he talks sound about right." I saw him a couple weeks ago at the funeral home, same ole Bug.
0 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:16 pm

There have been a lot of small towns that have gone by the way side after the only industry was shut down after the ICE raids. A lot of the towns literally die over night. Clayton homes in Sulphur Springs has a big workforce of Mexicans. ALL legal who knows.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:59 pm

hurleyjd wrote:There have been a lot of small towns that have gone by the way side after the only industry was shut down after the ICE raids. A lot of the towns literally die over night. Clayton homes in Sulphur Springs has a big workforce of Mexicans. ALL legal who knows.

We don't need towns full of foreign born lawbreakers in our country, we can raise plenty on our own.
0 x

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:10 pm

Thin or crippled Cull cow prices hit the gut tank price today. Most of the bad thin, crippled cows from several state area end up at this plant. One of the managers told me today that they called both the employment commission and a temp agency asking for 50 workers and neither could supply them.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”