Tennesee slaughter Plant

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Re: Tennesee slaughter Plant

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:50 am

These folks are done and it sounds like jail time is in order for them. We don't need illegal immigrants in this country, we need immigrants that have been vetted and get taxed. It's bad enough that the taxpayers are on the hook supporting the deadbeats and freeloaders of the US of A, we surly don't need to support illegals. I was shocked and a little taken back to see all the white trash living off the system in that part of the country. There's a lot of government housing in east Tennessee and southwest Virginia, stop the welfare payments and food stamps people will go to work.
0 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:53 am

sstterry wrote:
callmefence wrote:I personally don't hire them because I would be a helluva hypocrite if I did. It would certainly make my life easier. But easy isn't always the best way.

Besides... apparently there's a man going round taking names.

And I respect your position and scruples. But, in this area, we have always had a high Hispanic population. It has been that way for over 50 years, and I do know that the locals in this area will not do most of the jobs that the "undocumented" will do. It has always been that way. In this area, Meth and Opiates are a much bigger problem.

I go to the flea market next to I81 a lot and it is like little Mexico and the mall on Friday and Saturday evening is like mostly Mexicans. They seem good I just wish the ones that will work could gets thing straighten out legally.
0 x

sstterry
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby sstterry » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:57 am

jltrent wrote:
sstterry wrote:
callmefence wrote:I personally don't hire them because I would be a helluva hypocrite if I did. It would certainly make my life easier. But easy isn't always the best way.

And I respect your position and scruples. But, in this area, we have always had a high Hispanic population. It has been that way for over 50 years, and I do know that the locals in this area will not do most of the jobs that the "undocumented" will do. It has always been that way. In this area, Meth and Opiates are a much bigger problem.

I go to the flea market next to I81 a lot and it is like little Mexico and the mall on Friday and Saturday evening is like mostly Mexicans. They seem good I just wish the ones that will work could gets thing straighten out legally.

I agree, but many of them are afraid to try and become legal. Particularly right now. The next time you are down this way, you should swing back through Bulls Gap and visit Yoder's Market. We have people that come from miles around come just to shop there.
Last edited by sstterry on Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:59 am

sstterry wrote:
jltrent wrote:
sstterry wrote:

I agree, but many of them are afraid too. Particularly right now. The next time you are down this way, you should swing back through Bulls Gap and visit Yoder's Market. We have people that come from miles around come just to shop there.
I am up that way some, I will try to stop. Thanks
0 x

mwj
GURU
GURU

Postby mwj » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:15 am

If a business model requires labor that is not on the ''books'' to survive. I have no sympathy. A labor force that will turn its head to safety regulations, is not a good thing for food safety. Legal labor is almost always available but you have to pay the going rate. A profit is never guaranteed for a business.
0 x
never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!!!!!!

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:37 am

sstterry wrote:

I respect your position as well.
I'm in South Central Texas . We've got a few Mexicans as well.
Drugs. I know a little about that as well.
So on the situation in your area...the locals won't work. All on drugs.. do let's get the wets to work for them. That's a he// of a plan. If I was going raise a family there I'd want that mess straightened out. "You gotta break some eggs".

Smile inserted...
0 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”