Flat

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
shaz
GURU
GURU

Re: Flat

Postby shaz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:05 am

Caustic Burno wrote:
hurleyjd wrote:A lot of things are being taught in the Religious dominated schools that is not fact but fiction. A person told me the other day that after we took God out of the schools the schools went to heck. I asked him what about God in Church. discussion ended there.

Lot of churches have taken him out as well for feel good sermons and pass the plate.

I've noticed our Sunday school won't touch the books of prophesy. We started studying the book of Revelation and talked about our feelings (lol). A better topic would have been events that haven't happened yet. Babylon and what not.

Also noticed that several of the preachers that came through did not believe in the Devil.
0 x
"The Pope? How many divisions does he have?" Joseph Stalin

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:09 am

shaz wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
hurleyjd wrote:A lot of things are being taught in the Religious dominated schools that is not fact but fiction. A person told me the other day that after we took God out of the schools the schools went to heck. I asked him what about God in Church. discussion ended there.

Lot of churches have taken him out as well for feel good sermons and pass the plate.

I've noticed our Sunday school won't touch the books of prophesy. We started studying the book of Revelation and talked about our feelings (lol). A better topic would have been events that haven't happened yet. Babylon and what not.

Also noticed that several of the preachers that came through did not believe in the Devil.

Most preachers today won’t touch the book of Jude either.
0 x

Rafter S
GURU
GURU

Postby Rafter S » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:25 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:

I wish they'd get that "Like" button fixed.
0 x
"I spent half my money on wine, women, and song.....and like a fool I squandered the rest." - Benny Hill

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:51 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
shaz wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

And some removed 7 entire books from the accepted Canon of Scripture.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

shaz
GURU
GURU

Postby shaz » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:33 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
shaz wrote:

Huh? Which books?
I've always wondered how the Canon was developed in the first place. There must have been one before the council of Nicaea.
0 x
"The Pope? How many divisions does he have?" Joseph Stalin

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:33 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:
shaz wrote:

The word accepted is what is in question. Some found extra books in a stump hole.
0 x

sstterry
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby sstterry » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:21 pm

Rafter S wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

Hit like, then backspace and refresh. It works.
4 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:28 pm

sstterry wrote:
Rafter S wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

Hit like, then backspace and refresh. It works.

Hmm, interesting, it did work
1 x
What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence
-Christopher Hitchens

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:21 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

The word accepted is what is in question. Some found extra books in a stump hole.

Accepted by all Christians until Martin Luther deleted them from his bible. They were included in the Septuiagant which was translated in the 2nd century BC and The full title in Ancient Greek: Ἡ μετάφρασις τῶν Ἑβδομήκοντα, literally "The Translation of the Seventy", derives from the traditional story recorded in the Letter of Aristeas that the Septuagint was translated at the request of Ptolemy II by 70 or 72 Jewish scholars (6 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel) who independently translated identical versions of the entire Hebrew canon.[6][7][8] Subsequently, the Greek translation was in circulation among the Alexandrian Jews in who were fluent in Greek, the common language in Egypt at the time, but not in Hebrew. They are quoted often in the New Testament, used by Jesus and the Apostles and referenced often in the Pauline epistles.

Quite the stump hole CB. Old too.
2 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:31 pm

shaz wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
Caustic Burno wrote:

Huh? Which books?
I've always wondered how the Canon was developed in the first place. There must have been one before the council of Nicaea.

shaz,the Council of Nicea affirmed the deity and eternality of Jesus Christ and defined the relationship between the Father and the Son as “of one substance.” It also affirmed the Trinity—the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit were listed as three co-equal and co-eternal Persons.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”