Traffic

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Traffic

Postby Caustic Burno » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:52 pm

Been down Galveston county last few days to watch grandkids at the fair.
I am in awe of the traffic congestion of Harris and Galveston counties over the last decade when I retired in 07.
No way could I do that commute today.
I just thought it was bad then.
Most drive like they are ate up with road rage.
0 x

1982vett
GURU
GURU

Re: Traffic

Postby 1982vett » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:14 pm

Traffic is getting crazy around here too....
0 x
Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves. ~Albert Einstein
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day. ~Harry S. Truman

cowboy43
GURU
GURU

Postby cowboy43 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:58 pm

Go to Austin , Road system is 20 years or more outdated, for years 100 people a day is moving their.
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:35 pm

Caustic Burno wrote:Most drive like they are ate up with road rage.
I think road rage is contagious..if they ain't got it, they'll give it to you..my weekly commute to the rocket city,Is giving me a stiff neck. from shaking my head for 30 minutes..
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:48 pm

I make a lot of trips between Cleveland and Kingwood, just 20 miles one way....for those not familiar, Kingwood is less than 30 miles from downtown Houston. Early mornings and starting about 4pm, that trip is like being at Indianapolis 500. The big trucks drive the speed limit, but most of the 4 wheel commuters are running 75-80 mph, switching lanes back and forth like their butts are afire. Even as far East as Baytown and Mont Belview, the traffic is terrible.
1 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:16 pm

It is a problem every where. Washington State has 3 times as many people as it did when I was a kid. Where I use to live I would have to cut through a corner of Seattle traffic to get over the Cascade mountains. I have been stopped dead on the freeway 30 miles south of Seattle at 5:00 in the morning. I started taking a different route that was 60 miles out of my way just to avoid the traffic. Driving that extra distance was actually faster.
0 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:38 pm

greybeard wrote:I make a lot of trips between Cleveland and Kingwood, just 20 miles one way....for those not familiar, Kingwood is less than 30 miles from downtown Houston. Early mornings and starting about 4pm, that trip is like being at Indianapolis 500. The big trucks drive the speed limit, but most of the 4 wheel commuters are running 75-80 mph, switching lanes back and forth like their butts are afire. Even as far East as Baytown and Mont Belview, the traffic is terrible.

That is why I make my Dr appointments around 11:00 downtown it’s slightly better then.
Hwy 146 from Dayton to Baytown is scary around shift change.
0 x

ddd75
GURU
GURU

Postby ddd75 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:17 am

told the wife.. 'i ain't leavin its rush hour out thurr'

she said.. what are you talkin about. what rush hour.

I said.. OK i'll go.. I had to take the fert buggy back.. I came back home.. yep.. rush hour. I saw at least a dozen cars on my 30 minute drive.
0 x

Ky hills
GURU
GURU

Postby Ky hills » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:49 am

cowboy43 wrote:Go to Austin , Road system is 20 years or more outdated, for years 100 people a day is moving their.

That reminds me of what an old friend use to say about here, in regards to roads. He said they plan for the future 25 years in the past.
0 x

Ryder
GURU
GURU

Postby Ryder » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:41 pm

ddd75 wrote:told the wife.. 'i ain't leavin its rush hour out thurr'

she said.. what are you talkin about. what rush hour.

I said.. OK i'll go.. I had to take the fert buggy back.. I came back home.. yep.. rush hour. I saw at least a dozen cars on my 30 minute drive.

LOL
That's all this progress for you.
0 x
Ryder

Deo Vindice

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:10 pm

Ky hills wrote:
cowboy43 wrote:Go to Austin , Road system is 20 years or more outdated, for years 100 people a day is moving their.

That reminds me of what an old friend use to say about here, in regards to roads. He said they plan for the future 25 years in the past.

They can't plan for the future. Every proposed plan that comes up gets shot down because people don't want to lose land or pay the taxes. Then they complain when a company from another country funds the road after they didn't want to. Yet, they still complain about traffic.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon May 07, 2018 3:22 pm

Brute 23 wrote:
Ky hills wrote:

They can't plan for the future. Every proposed plan that comes up gets shot down because people don't want to lose land or pay the taxes. Then they complain when a company from another country funds the road after they didn't want to. Yet, they still complain about traffic.

Let them build a road thru your place. Trash gets in your pastures on both sides of the road. Teething calves chew on all of it. A car goes thru your fence and it will just drive off. You'll get the call at 2 a.m. that your cows are on the road by a ticked off motorist. You DO NOT want anyone putting a road thru your property.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:57 pm

backhoeboogie wrote:
Brute 23 wrote:
Ky hills wrote:

Let them build a road thru your place. Trash gets in your pastures on both sides of the road. Teething calves chew on all of it. A car goes thru your fence and it will just drive off. You'll get the call at 2 a.m. that your cows are on the road by a ticked off motorist. You DO NOT want anyone putting a road thru your property.

I agree 100%. I didn't say I blame them... just that its the reality we face when trying to expand for population growth.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Mon May 07, 2018 10:22 pm

I used to try to keep the trash picked up along the county road that runs in front of this property.
An exercise in futility.
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Postby backhoeboogie » Tue May 08, 2018 8:49 am

greybeard wrote:I used to try to keep the trash picked up along the county road that runs in front of this property.
An exercise in futility.

They put in 9 gas wells on three pads. The drilling crews liked to sit after work and drink. Throw their bottles down. Then came the water trucks. Styrofoam and plastic drink bottles didn't get tossed out on the main road; they waiting until they turned down the lane. Like you greybeard, I picked up a bag of trash every time I was in the pasture.
0 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”