Eye Problems

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Eye Problems

Postby hurleyjd » Sun May 06, 2018 8:34 am

Saturday morning the left eye went totally black lasted maybe three to five minutes. Scary. ER visit for possible stroke. Ct scan and doctor evaluation revealed nothing. Eye appointment with doctor Tuesday morning. Planning an appointment with a neurologist as soon as possible. Now the main thought in my mind was what to do with the cows. Wife cannot help and kids to far away. Would probable have to call the local sale barn and liquidate. Our ages are her 74 mine 77. I know that I need to plan on something different in my life.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Re: Eye Problems

Postby Bright Raven » Sun May 06, 2018 8:46 am

Hurley

I am 67. I have begun thinking about an exit strategy. I am totally solo in running my operation. Since my operation requires AI skills, halter training, etc. a fill-in is not possible. If I have a debilitating injury or illness, I will be in the same predicament that you identify. Hope your eye ailment is resolved.
0 x

Txpiney
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Txpiney » Sun May 06, 2018 2:12 pm

Sorry to hear that hurleyjd , wish i was closer, I'd look after them for ya.
0 x

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun May 06, 2018 2:42 pm

I hope you're okay Hurley. Take care of yourself.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Sun May 06, 2018 6:47 pm

Sounds like a bit of a scare Hurley, hope things have resolved.

Ken
0 x

bird dog
GURU
GURU

Postby bird dog » Mon May 07, 2018 8:44 am

Hope it works out okay but in the mean time, at least get the sale barn to recommend a cowboy type person to catch and haul. Maybe invite him over for a beer and show him your operation. Hopefully you won't need him for a few years but it would be comforting to have one set up and ready if need be.
0 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Mon May 07, 2018 9:44 am

bird dog wrote:Hope it works out okay but in the mean time, at least get the sale barn to recommend a cowboy type person to catch and haul. Maybe invite him over for a beer and show him your operation. Hopefully you won't need him for a few years but it would be comforting to have one set up and ready if need be.

No problem there I have Shannon Davis's phone in my contacts. Only takes one call. Very accommodating.
0 x

boondocks
GURU
GURU

Postby boondocks » Mon May 07, 2018 11:58 pm

Hope you get good news. Keep us posted.
0 x

greybeard
Mentor
Mentor

Postby greybeard » Tue May 08, 2018 11:28 am

No one realized it then, but 1st vertigo, then eye problems, (left eye sporadically but intermittently quit working) were the 1st symptoms my brother exhibited when he had un-diagnosed brain tumors. Since it came and went, he pretty much ignored it for 18 months. Then one day, he couldn't figure out how to start his truck or even get the key in the ignition, and that's when he had to call for help and the docs 1st thought stroke, but a ct then a PET scan showed everything.
Good luck with it JD, get it checked out good..
0 x
"For evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing" Burke

It ain't easy being a used cow salesman.

Covet Not!

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”