Regulations regarding power lines in Texas

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
jltrent
GURU
GURU

Re: Regulations regarding power lines in Texas

Postby jltrent » Thu May 31, 2018 6:06 am

greybeard wrote:
jltrent wrote:Around here which I live in Virginia last year they had a bunch of Mexicans spray under all our power lines. I don't know what spray they used , but they killed everything in a path I bet 50-75 wide. The larger trees it looked liked they took an ax and made a cut in an sprayed it and all died.

Hearted that post!

Can you send them my way?

They are on their way with a few extra............

0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu May 31, 2018 8:42 am

The large power line areas about 100' wide here they bushhog them what isnt planted in crops they dont care if you plant them in crops it keeps them from having to mow it.They just replaced the towers that were rusty with new galvanized ones but they told everyone last fall they were so they completed most of the powerlines by may 1 so everyone is free to plant for a long time
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu May 31, 2018 8:41 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:The large power line areas about 100' wide here they bushhog them what isnt planted in crops they dont care if you plant them in crops it keeps them from having to mow it.They just replaced the towers that were rusty with new galvanized ones but they told everyone last fall they were so they completed most of the powerlines by may 1 so everyone is free to plant for a long time

Same here Sky....ROW is 100 but you can use it anyway you want, just can't build anykind of building on the ROW.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Thu May 31, 2018 8:52 pm

TexasBred wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:The large power line areas about 100' wide here they bushhog them what isnt planted in crops they dont care if you plant them in crops it keeps them from having to mow it.They just replaced the towers that were rusty with new galvanized ones but they told everyone last fall they were so they completed most of the powerlines by may 1 so everyone is free to plant for a long time

Same here Sky....ROW is 100 but you can use it anyway you want, just can't build anykind of building on the ROW.

Those are usually the big transmission lines correct? Your standard service lines are usually only 30' now days.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

"Don't let schooling interfere with your education" - Mark Twain

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Thu May 31, 2018 8:55 pm

Brute that is what they run here 100’ to the substations, 30’ on the standard transmission lines.
0 x

cowboy43
GURU
GURU

Postby cowboy43 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:22 pm

In Texas the first transmission lines were the H frame wooden structures for 69 Kv volts and the 50ft easements were obtained for that voltage , some the width was not designated ,just an easement. The lines are now being converted up to 765 KV with steel structures which requires a wider easement. In 1937 LCRA paid Mamma $75.00 for a 2000 ft easement. I am concerned over what will happen when they upgrade from wood to steel poles and higher voltage. I have never seen an easement and have been told some were not recorded.
0 x

Lucky
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Lucky » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:53 pm

cowboy43 wrote:In Texas the first transmission lines were the H frame wooden structures for 69 Kv volts and the 50ft easements were obtained for that voltage , some the width was not designated ,just an easement. The lines are now being converted up to 765 KV with steel structures which requires a wider easement. In 1937 LCRA paid Mamma $75.00 for a 2000 ft easement. I am concerned over what will happen when they upgrade from wood to steel poles and higher voltage. I have never seen an easement and have been told some were not recorded.

I believe it depends on wether it was a “defined” or “blanket” easement.

A local guy here wanted to build an irrigation pond for a good size pivot on his place but there was a power pole and a main water line right at the highest point of the be nice. He looked into it and niether line had a recorded easement but had been there for as long as folks could remember. He had it out with both companies but got to build the be nice. The power line is still high enough not to cause any danger. I guess if the water line ever breaks they will just have to go around.
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:57 pm

cowboy43 wrote:In Texas the first transmission lines were the H frame wooden structures for 69 Kv volts and the 50ft easements were obtained for that voltage , some the width was not designated ,just an easement. The lines are now being converted up to 765 KV with steel structures which requires a wider easement. In 1937 LCRA paid Mamma $75.00 for a 2000 ft easement. I am concerned over what will happen when they upgrade from wood to steel poles and higher voltage. I have never seen an easement and have been told some were not recorded.

I would think they would have no legal ROW unless it was recorded with the legal description of the area within the ROW. Even a deed is not binding until it is recorded.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:05 am

We looked at a ranch that had big powerlines running through it right off the interstate but passed on it. There was a second near where we did finally buy but passed on it because of the lines running through. My daughter has a lease place with H framed lines running through. Glad we did not buy a ranch with lines on it, they can be such an eye sore. And our kids were small and at that time rumor had it that it was bad to live near them...whether that's true or not...
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”