Please brag about your children here.

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
sstterry
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: Please brag about your children here.

Postby sstterry » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:55 am

Bestoutwest wrote:My son has a late birthday, so he started Kindergarten at 5 1/2. Went in and was testing at a second grade level on some things. They skipped him to 1st grade before he was 6. When he started second grade they recognized his academic ability and enrolled him in the G&T program. He was accepted and will be in it until graduation. He also decided to do an acting program through school and is very good with memorizing his lines, and does well with the public speaking portion. He tries sports, but he doesn't seem to be gifted that way. Maybe he'll find one he's really good at. At least he enjoys doing it.

I hope he is active in the National Speech and Debate League. My daughter's success there in high school and her grades and tests got her a full ride to college.
0 x

OwnedByTheCow
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby OwnedByTheCow » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:01 am

I could brag about nieces and nephews but that's about it. They are both city kids but come to visit often. Their parents have them glued to technology but when they get here they really enjoy themselves.
1 x
Be decisive, wether right or wrong.
The road of life is paved with many flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision.

Fire Sweep Ranch
GURU
GURU

Postby Fire Sweep Ranch » Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:10 am

We got up early this morning to go pick up some hay out of the field ($3.50 a bale out of the field). The guy is an elder man, likely in his 70's, and his wife is frail. We usually just drive over and pick up, then pay him as we are driving out of the field. This morning, as we were finishing, the guy pulls out in the field with his small tractor and a small utility trailer. His wife was driving the tractor and he was slowly putting bales on the trailer. We finished getting out 130, and pulled up to the drive to strap them down. My kids asked if they could help the gentlemen pick up his hay while we strapped down the load. They filled his trailer (50 bales), then proceeded to back him into his barn and help him offload and store it in his barn. Hubby and I were long done, so we just sat in the shade and watched. We don't know this guy, and I was very proud that my kids took their own initiative to offer help to the couple. He had at least another 100 bales out there to pick up and put away, and I know he appreciated the help he got!

Our load:

Our son was putting the bales on elevator, our daughter was in the loft stacking them:

Empty trailer.... job well done and much appreciated!

:heart: :tiphat:
13 x
God, family, and Simmental cattle; that's what makes life worth living!

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:00 pm

sstterry wrote:I hope he is active in the National Speech and Debate League. My daughter's success there in high school and her grades and tests got her a full ride to college.

Not yet. He'll be entering the third grade next year, BUT! I will try to steer him in that direction later on. I see a lot of mistakes my folks made with me as a kid, and I'm looking to correct those. I feel like he's already on a better path.
0 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:40 pm

This is our youngest daughter, although she's 30...
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bju0QW7net1 ... chmanmandy
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Farm Fence Solutions
GURU
GURU

Postby Farm Fence Solutions » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:25 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:This is our youngest daughter, although she's 30...

It looks like her lifestyle change is suiting her well. She looks healthier, happier, and younger than she did a few years ago!
0 x
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." Thomas Edison

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:36 pm

Farm Fence Solutions wrote:

It looks like her lifestyle change is suiting her well. She looks healthier, happier, and younger than she did a few years ago!

Since this is what she does for a living now, she can make time to workout. She was so active in high school that once out, it was a shock to her system, as it is to most youngsters. Then becoming a teacher where food is out all the time. She called me yesterday upset saying she's finally made it to the big time..lol... Apparently someone trashed her on her looks on some big gun forum. They even posted a before picture and what they thought was recent when in reality, the pictures were taken days apart. I feel its someone she beat, or, shes a girl in a boys game and she's good. We told her to never look at the gun forums and for sure dont answer them (Thats what they want). She was heartbroken though, as was i...
1 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

NEFarmwife
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby NEFarmwife » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:31 am

cowgirl8 wrote:

Since this is what she does for a living now, she can make time to workout. She was so active in high school that once out, it was a shock to her system, as it is to most youngsters. Then becoming a teacher where food is out all the time. She called me yesterday upset saying she's finally made it to the big time..lol... Apparently someone trashed her on her looks on some big gun forum. They even posted a before picture and what they thought was recent when in reality, the pictures were taken days apart. I feel its someone she beat, or, shes a girl in a boys game and she's good. We told her to never look at the gun forums and for sure dont answer them (Thats what they want). She was heartbroken though, as was i...

How does one trash her looks? She’s absolutely gorgeous!
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:45 am

NEFarmwife wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:

How does one trash her looks? She’s absolutely gorgeous!

I have no idea and Thank you.... Back in the day when she was a diver for SMU, we were at a competition somewhere. On the off time we ran to a mall and she wore a hat. She was chased down by several people thinking she was Brittney spears...lol...She's always been beautiful...
0 x

Lucky
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Lucky » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:13 pm

She is a very talented and pretty woman. Only reason I can see for someone to talk about her looks is jealousy.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:24 pm

I doubt they were criticizing her physical appearance. I suspect if it was a Shooting Sport publication, some writter was criticizing her form and style.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:33 pm

Lucky wrote:She is a very talented and pretty woman. Only reason I can see for someone to talk about her looks is jealousy.

She's a girl shooter in a boy dominated game.. and she beats them....lol
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:34 pm

Bright Raven wrote:I doubt they were criticizing her physical appearance. I suspect if it was a Shooting Sport publication, some writter was criticizing her form and style.

I wished I could remember which forum it was....she said they called her a heifer...It was a forum, and we all know how some people can be on them...lol
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:37 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:I doubt they were criticizing her physical appearance. I suspect if it was a Shooting Sport publication, some writter was criticizing her form and style.

I wished I could remember which forum it was....she said they called her a heifer...It was a forum, and we all know how some people can be on them...lol

My bad - I thought it said publication. Sometimes they write a critique about the higher level competitor.

Shyt- no one puts substance in a forum.
1 x
Make America Happy Again

Silver
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Silver » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:41 am

My little girl, 13 yrs old. Just started riding this horse a year ago after a year or two of riding ponies and plugs. I can't believe how far she's come.
5 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”