Please brag about your children here.

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
AZAggie
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Please brag about your children here.

Postby AZAggie » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:26 pm

My wife, daughter and myself are heading to San Antonio next week for my son's graduation from Army AIT training as a combat medic. This is a kid that hated school and only seemed to keep his grades up so he could play football. He decided to enlist because we all thought, including him, that he needed the discipline. He's really buckled down. He was a 280+ lb offensive and defensive lineman in high school. He dropped 40+ lbs just to get them to look at him and now he's down to around 220 lbs. He's using brains he never used before and seems to be really doing well. We are so excited for him.
10 x
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."--General George S. Patton

bball
GURU
GURU

Postby bball » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:19 pm

AZAggie wrote:My wife, daughter and myself are heading to San Antonio next week for my son's graduation from Army AIT training as a combat medic. This is a kid that hated school and only seemed to keep his grades up so he could play football. He decided to enlist because we all thought, including him, that he needed the discipline. He's really buckled down. He was a 280+ lb offensive and defensive lineman in high school. He dropped 40+ lbs just to get them to look at him and now he's down to around 220 lbs. He's using brains he never used before and seems to be really doing well. We are so excited for him.

Got one of those combat medics in my lot as well. Congrats! You should be proud as that AIT is not an easy one!
1 x
We do not see things as they are; we see things as we are. -Anais Nin
Happy people build their inner world; unhappy people blame their outer world. -Dalai Lama

Dogs and Cows
GURU
GURU

Postby Dogs and Cows » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:02 am

AZAggie wrote:My wife, daughter and myself are heading to San Antonio next week for my son's graduation from Army AIT training as a combat medic. This is a kid that hated school and only seemed to keep his grades up so he could play football. He decided to enlist because we all thought, including him, that he needed the discipline. He's really buckled down. He was a 280+ lb offensive and defensive lineman in high school. He dropped 40+ lbs just to get them to look at him and now he's down to around 220 lbs. He's using brains he never used before and seems to be really doing well. We are so excited for him.

Is he at Camp Bullis? My son is there currently as an Air Force Security Forces member. He is spending 3 weeks at Bullis as part of his training.

Anyway, regardles...CONGRATS to your son! I don't know him, but am proud of him!!!

Tim
1 x

AZAggie
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby AZAggie » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:21 pm

He's at Bullis right now in fact. This is the last bit of training before graduation. I think they finish there either tomorrow or Thursday. Tell your son we are proud of him as well and thank him for his service. Anyone who volunteers to join the military, especially in this day and age, needs to be commended.
2 x
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."--General George S. Patton

herofan
GURU
GURU

Postby herofan » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:27 pm

My aunt brags on her grandkids so much that it gets old, but I’ll give it a go since the thread does ask.

My daughter Just completed her sophomore year of college with a 4.0. She works at a department store when not in school and made an assist. Manager in two weeks. She doesn’t drink, smoke, or have tattoos.

My son is soon to be 17 with 4.0 in high school and also does not drink, smoke, or have tattoos.

Neither have given me the first hint of trouble in school or elsewhere. Up to this point, people always talked about what a handful teens are. I haven’t seen it. They are like being around a couple of 30 year old adults.
4 x

Ryder
GURU
GURU

Postby Ryder » Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:38 pm

herofan wrote:My aunt brags on her grandkids so much that it gets old, but I’ll give it a go since the thread does ask.

My daughter Just completed her sophomore year of college with a 4.0. She works at a department store when not in school and made an assist. Manager in two weeks. She doesn’t drink, smoke, or have tattoos.

My son is soon to be 17 with 4.0 in high school and also does not drink, smoke, or have tattoos.

Neither have given me the first hint of trouble in school or elsewhere. Up to this point, people always talked about what a handful teens are. I haven’t seen it. They are like being around a couple of 30 year old adults.

Do you reckon they had good home training?
0 x
Ryder

Deo Vindice

herofan
GURU
GURU

Postby herofan » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:00 pm

Ryder wrote:
herofan wrote:My aunt brags on her grandkids so much that it gets old, but I’ll give it a go since the thread does ask.

Do you reckon they had good home training?

I would like to think so. I tried my best to “raise ‘em right,” but I have to give them a lot of credit. They accepted it and chose that lifestyle. They never went through a rebel period where they thought I was uncool or stupid; we’ve always been very close.
2 x

AZAggie
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby AZAggie » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:44 pm

Attended graduation yesterday for my son in San Antonio. He's now officially a combat medic. Super proud dad here!!! We will be taking him to his next post Monday.

4 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:58 pm

Congratulations. I think your experience is uncommon. Unfortunately, I know so many parents whose kids did not make their life that easy.
0 x
Make America Happy Again

ohiosteve
GURU
GURU

Postby ohiosteve » Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:27 pm

I was really impressed with my daughter yesterday. I got home around 7 and saw that a cow I had penned up by herself had broken through a gate and was roaming. I got on our gator and was looking around and I texted her and told her what I was doing. She went out on foot and called me and said she found some hoofprints and by the time I got back to her she was hot on her trail. These prints were not very obvious. It was starting to get dark but by the light of the gator we tracked her almost a mile. We came up to our nieghbor who said he had seen her heading towards another nieghbor so we went that way and sure enough she was penned up there, he saw her and let her in his pasture. I was really impressed with my daughter's tracking of the hoofprints, they were so subtle I totally missed them.
1 x
The truest of warriors is often overlooked.

herofan
GURU
GURU

Postby herofan » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Bright Raven wrote:

Congratulations. I think your experience is uncommon. Unfortunately, I know so many parents whose kids did not make their life that easy.

I truly am thankful.
0 x

Chocolate Cow2
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Chocolate Cow2 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:44 pm

I have two sons. Oldest will be 40 this Sept. He went to the Air Force from high school and was a crew chief on a C-130. Today, he runs a computerized plasma table for a company that makes heating/air conditioning ducting. He and his wife have made a safe, loving home for 3 little adopted girls. My youngest son graduated from K-State with a major in Ag Econ and a minor in Spanish. He's an EMT, a deputy Sheriff and will soon be a Second Lieutenant in the Army National Guard. He's married and they had a little boy yesterday. I couldn't be more proud of my two sons and my grandchildren. God has blessed us.
5 x

Dogs and Cows
GURU
GURU

Postby Dogs and Cows » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:27 am

AZAggie wrote:Attended graduation yesterday for my son in San Antonio. He's now officially a combat medic. Super proud dad here!!! We will be taking him to his next post Monday.

Pretty darn awesome!!! Medic to boot...you all have a lot to be proud of!!!!

Tim
1 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”