Please brag about your children here.

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Re: Please brag about your children here.

Postby Bestoutwest » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:32 pm

My son has a late birthday, so he started Kindergarten at 5 1/2. Went in and was testing at a second grade level on some things. They skipped him to 1st grade before he was 6. When he started second grade they recognized his academic ability and enrolled him in the G&T program. He was accepted and will be in it until graduation. He also decided to do an acting program through school and is very good with memorizing his lines, and does well with the public speaking portion. He tries sports, but he doesn't seem to be gifted that way. Maybe he'll find one he's really good at. At least he enjoys doing it.
3 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:28 pm

Aaron wrote:
ohiosteve wrote:I am encouraging people to brag about their kids, 2 months old or 52 years old I don't care. I have one daughter who is 17 and I love to brag about her, she brought home some pictures she drew in art class this week and I could not believe it. Here is an eyeball she drew with a pencil. Image

Certainly has potential. Very few can draw that well in high school. I have a cousin that does artwork as a side income. Her random 'doodles' are phenomenal.

That is incredible! I've only known three people who could do such detailed work with pencil. Fabulous.
0 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:53 pm

I have one son 28 yrs. old we are very proud of him. Finished school with very high grade avg. went to aircraft mach. school now works for the Gov. on B1's. Married for 5 yr. to a very sweet young lady that is just like a daughter to us and we now have 2 grand boys 2 1/2 years old and a 3 month old. We feel blessed !! beyond measure !!!!
3 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:44 am

We have great grand children hope to live long enough to see them grown. My wife and I drove two hours there and two hours back to see one of the girls in a dance recital. Her mother sent my wife a message that the grand daughter talked all the way home about Nana and Papa Jack coming to see her dance.
2 x

Caustic Burno
Crusty
Crusty

Postby Caustic Burno » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:02 am

hurleyjd wrote:We have great grand children hope to live long enough to see them grown. My wife and I drove two hours there and two hours back to see one of the girls in a dance recital. Her mother sent my wife a message that the grand daughter talked all the way home about Nana and Papa Jack coming to see her dance.

We have a couple great grandsons as well. It really hits you your getting
old when the little boy hollering for paw paw and that’s your kid.
4 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:06 am

I like reading about others kids..
We have 4 kids, all living in their own homes, with spouses and their children. None are smokers, no tattoos, no arrest records. All but one college educated and most off scholarships.. But that's not my bragging point. My bragging point is what people say about my kids. You are not going to find anyone who would bad mouth them. They were popular in school, and are admired in their adult lives.
I'd like to take credit, but I cant say what I did other than I kept them busy and I tried to stay a good roll model (which was so hard because I have a mouth like a sailor and so many things I learned growing up I had to stop)…. I think kids learn from watching, whether you think they watching are or not. They watch....
3 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

Dogs and Cows
GURU
GURU

Postby Dogs and Cows » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:35 am

cowgirl8 wrote:I like reading about others kids..
We have 4 kids, all living in their own homes, with spouses and their children. None are smokers, no tattoos, no arrest records. All but one college educated and most off scholarships.. But that's not my bragging point. My bragging point is what people say about my kids. You are not going to find anyone who would bad mouth them. They were popular in school, and are admired in their adult lives.
I'd like to take credit, but I cant say what I did other than I kept them busy and I tried to stay a good roll model (which was so hard because I have a mouth like a sailor and so many things I learned growing up I had to stop)…. I think kids learn from watching, whether you think they watching are or not. They watch....

Welp, my son would give anyone the shirt off his back. He is kind, soft spoken, an excellent musician and serving in the Air Force Security Forces. He has a full arm tattoo...that has amazing art. Tattoos don't make someone, their actions and faith in God, Country, and Family do. Just saying.
6 x

sstterry
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby sstterry » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:53 am

Son is a Graduate of Columbia University in New York City and was the President of the Columbia Debate Team. He was one of the top 16 debaters in the World (that tournament was in Greece). He was a top five debater in the US in High School, an Eagle Scout and a National Merit Finalist.

Daughter is on a full Presidential Scholarship at Alabama (with a 10k per year Speech stipend) she will graduate with a degree in Math and a Masters in Education in 4 years and it is only costing me her food and spending money (she is the good child :D)
5 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:17 pm

Dogs and Cows wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:I like reading about others kids..

Welp, my son would give anyone the shirt off his back. He is kind, soft spoken, an excellent musician and serving in the Air Force Security Forces. He has a full arm tattoo...that has amazing art. Tattoos don't make someone, their actions and faith in God, Country, and Family do. Just saying.

Just stating that I had 4 kids without tattoos, what are the chances this day and age.. I though, relate tattoos to rebellious behavior. One of my kids was a jailer for a while and can testify that everyone locked in there had tattoos...…… Not saying everyone who has tattoos is bad, but bad people have tattoos...…..Just saying
1 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:46 pm

I have two wonderful daughters, my oldest has given me the greatest joy in life, my 17 month old grandson. The youngest is in the Army, she has excelled at every stage in her military career so far, she will graduate from Auburn in 2.5 years and receive her commission as a 1st Lt
4 x

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:49 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:Just stating that I had 4 kids without tattoos, what are the chances this day and age.. I though, relate tattoos to rebellious behavior. One of my kids was a jailer for a while and can testify that everyone locked in there had tattoos...…… Not saying everyone who has tattoos is bad, but bad people have tattoos...…..Just saying

All I can say is WOW . . . . . . . . really impressed that none of em smoke either. :clap: :clap:
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:22 pm

Got two wonderful daughters that I am very proud of. One is a pharmacist, the other a petroleum land man (or would that be landlady). Both attended Texas A&M and the one that is a pharmacist about died when she learned that the only school of pharmacy in Texas at the time was at UT. But she survived. Both are great ladies, hard working, raising three children each, (do not smoke, lol) active in their church and school and I wouldn't change anything about them. The best thing I did was stay out of their way as much as possible as they were growing up but assure them I was there if they needed me.
6 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:25 pm

Good stuff, TB
0 x

JW IN VA
Rancher
Rancher

Postby JW IN VA » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:40 pm

greybeard wrote:My kids beat up yall's honor roll students.......
:hide: ;-) :hide:

Had a sticker on my truck once which read"my Border Collie is smarter than your honor student".
0 x
Not everything your neighbors do is wrong-Not everything they do is right,either.

JW IN VA
Rancher
Rancher

Postby JW IN VA » Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:47 pm

2 great children.5 wonderful grandchildren.

My son married a wonderful wife.They have two boys. He's a supervisor at his job. Built a home on part of the farm.He helps me when he can as do the boys.Oldest one has a keen eye for cattle selection.Both do well in school.
My daughter is raising her son and two daughters in a small city about 80 miles from us.She works full time,takes classes to finish her degree and keeps busy with her children and their sports.They,too, do well in school.
4 x
Not everything your neighbors do is wrong-Not everything they do is right,either.

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”