After many years of being beaten on and abused.....

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Re: After many years of being beaten on and abused.....

Postby skyhightree1 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:07 pm

jltrent wrote:
JW IN VA wrote:Don't throw it away! It's still a good nail puller :D
But then you're from west of the Blue Ridge like me so you would know that. :D

Some days it seems you spend more time working on things than with them.200 rolls is right respectable.How long did it take to pry you out of the seat and fingers off the wheel?Is your neck stuck at 60 degrees to the right?

Just got out of the tractor from baling since 11AM today. My back hurts, neck hurts, left leg hurts from clutching, my head is still roaring from the noise. This use to be fun.....what happened?

Haying was much more fun when I was younger
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

JW IN VA
Rancher
Rancher

Postby JW IN VA » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:31 pm

skyhightree1 wrote:
M-5 wrote:I would weld the head back on and keep on pounding with it

I have a ton of rakes and shovels hoes that have conduit pipe handles I welded on them .

That's right.You started out in Floyd before becoming a flatlander :)
0 x
Not everything your neighbors do is wrong-Not everything they do is right,either.

JW IN VA
Rancher
Rancher

Postby JW IN VA » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:33 pm

Those soft ear plugs at the Dollar Store really help with the noise.You can still hear problems,though.Can't understand anything the wife says,though.
0 x
Not everything your neighbors do is wrong-Not everything they do is right,either.

wbvs58
GURU
GURU

Postby wbvs58 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:11 pm

Bright Raven wrote:A man like you who does a lot with tools, needs a high quality hammer! It makes a huge difference! But you know that.

BTW: My old chainsaw finally gave up. The dealer said there was no compression because the engine wore out. Does that sound right? And what do you do with your old saws, when the rings wear out. Stihl MS250.

How old Ron? I doubt that you would have worn one out Ron, or you didn't get the oil right.

Ken
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:28 pm

wbvs58 wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:A man like you who does a lot with tools, needs a high quality hammer! It makes a huge difference! But you know that.

BTW: My old chainsaw finally gave up. The dealer said there was no compression because the engine wore out. Does that sound right? And what do you do with your old saws, when the rings wear out. Stihl MS250.

How old Ron? I doubt that you would have worn one out Ron, or you didn't get the oil right.

Ken

It is 9 years old.
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

snoopdog
Rancher
Rancher

Postby snoopdog » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:52 pm

You got it done , may not have been fun, but there is satisfaction .
0 x
Being poor is the most expensive thing there is

ez14.
Rancher
Rancher

Postby ez14. » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:48 pm

JW IN VA wrote:Those soft ear plugs at the Dollar Store really help with the noise.You can still hear problems,though.Can't understand anything the wife says,though.

At least that's what you tell her :lol:
0 x

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:16 pm

jltrent wrote:

Some days it seems you spend more time working on things than with them.200 rolls is right respectable.How long did it take to pry you out of the seat and fingers off the wheel?Is your neck stuck at 60 degrees to the right?

Just got out of the tractor from baling since 11AM today. My back hurts, neck hurts, left leg hurts from clutching, my head is still roaring from the noise. This use to be fun.....what happened?

I got 33 acres cut and fluffed if your out of anything to do, rake and roller are hooked up and greased. Keys are in the tractor. I will bring you some water when I get in from work about 6.
0 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:55 pm

kenny thomas wrote:
jltrent wrote:

I got 33 acres cut and fluffed if your out of anything to do, rake and roller are hooked up and greased. Keys are in the tractor. I will bring you some water when I get in from work about 6.
Gonna lay the field down below the road tomorrow, a little less than 30 acres. If no problems and Allen gets home from the class he is taking to help should get done maybe around 3-4 ish. If you need me were is the tractor and field. Your baler is like mine and tractor is a Kubota, but bigger. Shouldn't be a problem.
0 x

skyhightree1
Mentor
Mentor

Postby skyhightree1 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:08 am

JW IN VA wrote:
skyhightree1 wrote:
M-5 wrote:I would weld the head back on and keep on pounding with it

I have a ton of rakes and shovels hoes that have conduit pipe handles I welded on them .

That's right.You started out in Floyd before becoming a flatlander :)

:nod: :cowboy:
0 x
Oh Great Spirit, who made all races,look kindly upon the whole human family and take away the arrogance and hatred which separates us from our brothers.

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”