WTH

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Re: WTH

Postby cowgirl8 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:08 pm

jehosofat wrote:My point is, I wanna know what kind of 9mm this was, I'm gonna order one tomorrow. :lol2: :lol2:

I believe he shoots a Wilson, so i'm guessing its out of your price range if it was his gun..He said he had others shooting out there, so if I find out what gun it was i'll sure let you know.
This place in question is on our land, but on the outer edge so she has neighbors who are closer. I heard the guys saying that the range is about a 1000 ft from her house. A creek separates her house from his range. The welding rod was stuck through the hole in the wall, not the bed...pointed up and into the direction of his range..
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:46 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:
jehosofat wrote:My point is, I wanna know what kind of 9mm this was, I'm gonna order one tomorrow. :lol2: :lol2:

I believe he shoots a Wilson, so i'm guessing its out of your price range

Lol . . . . . .yea, only the big timers got enough money for a Wilson.
0 x

callmefence
GURU
GURU

Postby callmefence » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Feller can buy him half a dozen corriente bulls for what a Wilson cost.
1 x
If it ain't tight , It ain't right.

You can all go to he// . I'll go to Texas.
David Crockett

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:44 pm

cowgirl8 wrote:

I believe he shoots a Wilson, so i'm guessing its out of your price range if it was his gun..He said he had others shooting out there, so if I find out what gun it was i'll sure let you know.
This place in question is on our land, but on the outer edge so she has neighbors who are closer. I heard the guys saying that the range is about a 1000 ft from her house. A creek separates her house from his range. The welding rod was stuck through the hole in the wall, not the bed...pointed up and into the direction of his range..

You were doing good till you went there, it's better not to guess some times.
2 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:49 am

True Grit Farms wrote:
cowgirl8 wrote:

You were doing good till you went there, it's better not to guess some times.

It's all good Vince, I'd much rather hang out with the poor kids.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:16 am

True Grit Farms wrote:You were doing good till you went there, it's better not to guess some times.

I cant afford a Wilson.....lol
0 x
For those who understand, need no explanation, ....for those who don't, none will do

kenny thomas
GURU
GURU

Postby kenny thomas » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:48 am

cowgirl8 wrote:

I'm not a bit interested in the pistol, I want some of the 9mm ammo that can travel 1000ft and still have enough power to go through a wall. Powerful ammo so I guess it it takes a Wilson to hold up to it.
1 x
My thoughts only, don't bet the farm on them. KT

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:26 am

Everything is bigger and better in Texas
1 x

hurleyjd
GURU
GURU

Postby hurleyjd » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:33 am

My daughter lived in a house outside of Lindale and in a gated community. There was a covered shed type roof over the back part of the house. A leak started where there had no leak before. I crawled out on the roof and found a hole that I assumed was a bullet hole. Could it have came from a bullet that was fired into the air and then dropped. Or maybe the sons and his gang had a pistol out on top of the roof and shot a hole throw the roof. Hole through roof and decking only to close to get to the underside to find a bullet.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:07 am

kenny thomas wrote:I'm not a bit interested in the pistol, I want some of the 9mm ammo that can travel 1000ft and still have enough power to go through a wall. Powerful ammo so I guess it it takes a Wilson to hold up to it.

I was way off with the distance...it was over 3000 ft...the shot could have been fatal if it were a direct hit in the head at that distance. Son said the hole was at his head level...he's tall. Anywho, who knew. The topography of the land out there would favor how the bullet were to hit too...Since there is a creek running between the properties, the neighbors land is higher than my daughters house. Should make everyone more aware of where their bullets are going...that's a long way for a stray..
0 x

jehosofat
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby jehosofat » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:20 am

3000 feet is 1000 yards. A 9mm won't penetrate a pair of blue jeans at 1000 yards.
1 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:26 am

Well that solves the puzzle. The neighbors were either squirrel or bird hunting.
0 x

cowgirl8
GURU
GURU

Postby cowgirl8 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:31 am

Google it...it can go that far...
One time in our town someone threw out a almost empty styrofoam cup like you'd get from Sonic...Went through a oncoming trucks windshield..My husband went on the call and called me to tell me about this weird accident. I was on FB telling my sister about it and she poop pooped it, said it wouldn't, couldn't happen ever.. Thank goodness it made the 8 pm news, because she would have never believed it.
0 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:40 am

http://www.shooterscalculator.com/balli ... ate+Chart+
I'll let something you lack prove my point, common sense.
1 x

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:44 am

And I'd say 47 lbs of energy isn't enough to penetrate a wall, but I won't because I honestly don't know. There's more to this story than we know.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”