Inappropriate dress

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
backhoeboogie
smithy
smithy

Re: Inappropriate dress

Postby backhoeboogie » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:57 pm

Maybe I have been doing it all wrong !! I feel cheated . What channel is this on ?
1 x
Our ancestors gave us this. They fought to make it what it is. All we have to do is defend it.

ranchersswiss
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby ranchersswiss » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:08 am

I also noticed it.
0 x

M.Magis
GURU
GURU

Postby M.Magis » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:00 am

greybeard wrote:Bimbo is the name of a pretty big Mexico based bread company around here. They bought up Mrs Bairds, Sara Lee, and Golden Grains and it is strange to see the Bimbo Bread signs around, considering what I always thought a bimbo was, except of course the Gene Autry song, which we had on a record when I was a kid.
The bread company is pronounced 'beembo' tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhbJYY-qOc4

Funny you mentioned that. A former coworker got a job with them recently and she texted a few of us her new employee badge. It has her picture and says "BIMBO" in large letters right above it. :D
0 x

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:31 pm

greybeard wrote:Bimbo is the name of a pretty big Mexico based bread company around here. They bought up Mrs Bairds, Sara Lee, and Golden Grains and it is strange to see the Bimbo Bread signs around, considering what I always thought a bimbo was, except of course the Gene Autry song, which we had on a record when I was a kid.
The bread company is pronounced 'beembo' tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhbJYY-qOc4

I’ve never heard of, let alone seen, a loaf of Bimbo bread. Granted I’m in Middle Georgia. There’s a lot we don’t see around here. Well I walk into the hospital cafeteria while ago (my wife had to have surgery on Tuesday which is why I’ve had so much free time the last several days) and lo and behold something catches my eye. Well I’ll be danged if it wasn’t a loaf of Bimbo bread. So either I’m extremely sheltered and don’t get out enough or Bimbo is expanding their distribution area. Either way, I found it both amusing and ironic.
0 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”