D.B. Cooper identity confirmed

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
jltrent
GURU
GURU

D.B. Cooper identity confirmed

Postby jltrent » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:10 am

A team of cold-case investigators claim they’ve decoded a 1972 message by D.B. Cooper — and that it contains a confession from Vietnam veteran Robert Rackstraw, long suspected of being the infamous skyjacker.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/th ... li=BBnb7Kz

0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Re: D.B. Cooper identity confirmed

Postby Son of Butch » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:32 am

The artist sketch from eyewitnesses actually looks like him, it seems you seldom see that. :)

Age 74 living in California, statute of limitations run out?
0 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:25 pm

I know this is not the point and taking money not yours is wrong, but I bet there has been way more than 200k been spent on trying to solve this as that was the amount taken.
1 x

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:12 pm

I watched a documentary on Cooper a few weeks ago. A bundle of money was found in the sand of the river bank and the serial numbers were matched to that which Cooper stole. Any chance he lost only one bundle. Seems unlikely. Speculation was that he landed in a lake (can’t remember the name) and drowned and the money washed downstream. But then again, in this day and age you don’t know who or what part, of any, to believe. Maybe he died after the jump, maybe he planted the money, maybe he is sipping martinis on a white sandy beach with a cabana girl, maybe it never happened lol. Pretty intriguing entertainment either way.
0 x
“It will end with a giant rainbow, passed from the lower bowels of a bipartisan unicorn that snorts pixie dust and expectorates Turkish delight!” - bball

Dave
GURU
GURU

Postby Dave » Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:07 pm

The money was actually found in a sandbar on the Columbia River. The route the plane took would have put him well down river from any dams. The "lake" that it was speculated DB landed in is behind a dam on the Lewis River. I believe the money was found up stream from where the Lewis runs into the Columbia.
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”