TCRanch keep your eyes peeled.

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

TCRanch keep your eyes peeled.

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:31 am

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/05/co ... rival.html
I you happen to see him, he needs a bullet behind the ear.
1 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Chocolate Cow2
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: TCRanch keep your eyes peeled.

Postby Chocolate Cow2 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:45 am

The world is a scary place. Watch yourself no matter where you are. I went fishing a few days ago. Caught a couple of crappie. Back at home, I gathered my filet board and knife. Walked out the back door and there stood someone 'selling cancer insurance'. The guy surprised me-to say the least. He was adamant about coming in to talk about his insurance. I refused and kept my filet knife in front of me, pointed at him. He said he was having trouble finding people at home. duh. Everyone around here works. He struggled with that idea. He finally left but lemme tell you, I've got a new attitude because of his surprise visit.
1 x

jltrent
GURU
GURU

Postby jltrent » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:50 am

Somebody else also needs a bullet behind the ear for sending him to a minimum-security prison. Like a hotel away from home with everything paid free. You shoot this guy you will be staying in a level 5 facility on 24 hours lockdown.

https://www.doc.ks.gov/facilities/wcf/overview

Here is the hotel they call Winfield Correctional Facility he was at.....

Last edited by jltrent on Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:48 am

He was actually spotted at the Fair last night. Guess he had a hankering for some fried food on a stick or thought he'd blend in with the Carnies. As of an hour ago he still hasn't been apprehended. The correctional facility used to be a state mental hospital (hence the beautiful campus) and yes, minimum security means the guards don't even carry guns.

I have a .380, 22 & 223 with me at all times in the Polaris.
3 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:13 pm

Lawd have mercy, you can't make this sh*t up: He was attending church services this morning at the Silverdale church. One of the parishioners recognized him & called 911. He did not resist. Clearly, he's repentant. :roll: :dunce:
2 x

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:24 pm

TCRanch wrote:Lawd have mercy, you can't make this sh*t up: He was attending church services this morning at the Silverdale church. One of the parishioners recognized him & called 911. He did not resist. Clearly, he's repentant. :roll: :dunce:

Thats a first for me. I guess if you're looking to elude capture in theory you would go to the last place they expected you to be. I think church would qualify in this case. Which, as sad as it is, is why I CC my little .380 every Sunday. One never knows. You can never be over prepared. Glad they got him.
5 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

True Grit Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby True Grit Farms » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:20 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
TCRanch wrote:Lawd have mercy, you can't make this sh*t up: He was attending church services this morning at the Silverdale church. One of the parishioners recognized him & called 911. He did not resist. Clearly, he's repentant. :roll: :dunce:

Thats a first for me. I guess if you're looking to elude capture in theory you would go to the last place they expected you to be. I think church would qualify in this case. Which, as sad as it is, is why I CC my little .380 every Sunday. One never knows. You can never be over prepared. Glad they got him.

You might be surprised how well armed some of the church crowd is. Our preacher in Cedar Grove carries a 9mm and has attended some combat pistol training schools. And I know a few others that CC besides us.
2 x
If we'd of know this we'd of picked our own cotton.

Cross-7
GURU
GURU

Postby Cross-7 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:25 pm

TCRanch wrote:He was actually spotted at the Fair last night. Guess he had a hankering for some fried food on a stick or thought he'd blend in with the Carnies. As of an hour ago he still hasn't been apprehended. The correctional facility used to be a state mental hospital (hence the beautiful campus) and yes, minimum security means the guards don't even carry guns.

I have a .380, 22 & 223 with me at all times in the Polaris.

A 380 handgun but why a 22 when you have a 233 ?
Just curious
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:27 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:

Wouldn't the Lord provide protection? Or is this one of the cases where he helps those whom help themselves? ;-)
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

Ky hills
GURU
GURU

Postby Ky hills » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:19 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:

Wouldn't the Lord provide protection? Or is this one of the cases where he helps those whom help themselves? ;-)

BR, I have a friend that has been a preacher for over 40 years, he say that he has always heard people quote that phrase, but he has yet to find it in the scriptures.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:25 pm

Ky hills wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:

BR, I have a friend that has been a preacher for over 40 years, he say that he has always heard people quote that phrase, but he has yet to find it in the scriptures.

I have heard that quoted by preachers and many others, including my departed mother. It does not provide confirmation of the concept that a Devine being looks out for our well being. On the other hand, if a Devine being looks out for us, it would make one wonder why a believer with faith in a Devine being would need to carry.
0 x
Diogenes.

Jogeephus
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Jogeephus » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:30 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Ky hills wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

I have heard that quoted by preachers and many others, including my departed mother. It does not provide confirmation of the concept that a Devine being looks out for our well being. On the other hand, if a Devine being looks out for us, it would make one wonder why a believer with faith in a Devine being would need to carry.

God gave us a brain for that very reason. Granted, some more than others but that's beside the point.
2 x
Experience - the ability to instantly recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:36 pm

Jogeephus wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
Ky hills wrote:

God gave us a brain for that very reason. Granted, some more than others but that's beside the point.

Well you know the only part I believe is this:

...some more than others but that's beside the point.
0 x
Diogenes.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:43 pm

I thought I straightened you out yesterday Ronald. No more wise cracks about the Lord.
0 x
You're not paranoid, they really are out to get you!

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:47 pm

TennesseeTuxedo wrote:I thought I straightened you out yesterday Ronald. No more wise cracks about the Lord.

Good advise. :cboy:
0 x
Diogenes.

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”