TCRanch keep your eyes peeled.

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Ryder
GURU
GURU

Re: TCRanch keep your eyes peeled.

Postby Ryder » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:51 pm

Ky hills wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:
Thats a first for me. I guess if you're looking to elude capture in theory you would go to the last place they expected you to be. I think church would qualify in this case. Which, as sad as it is, is why I CC my little .380 every Sunday. One never knows. You can never be over prepared. Glad they got him.

Wouldn't the Lord provide protection? Or is this one of the cases where he helps those whom help themselves? ;-)

BR, I have a friend that has been a preacher for over 40 years, he say that he has always heard people quote that phrase, but he has yet to find it in the scriptures.

If memory serves, see the Book of James.
"Faith without works is dead."
Or as some express it, "Corresponding action".
0 x
Ryder

Deo Vindice

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:26 pm

JMJ Farms wrote:
TCRanch wrote:Lawd have mercy, you can't make this sh*t up: He was attending church services this morning at the Silverdale church. One of the parishioners recognized him & called 911. He did not resist. Clearly, he's repentant. :roll: :dunce:

Thats a first for me. I guess if you're looking to elude capture in theory you would go to the last place they expected you to be. I think church would qualify in this case. Which, as sad as it is, is why I CC my little .380 every Sunday. One never knows. You can never be over prepared. Glad they got him.

Evidently. Similar to hiding in plain sight.
0 x

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:32 pm

Cross-7 wrote:
TCRanch wrote:He was actually spotted at the Fair last night. Guess he had a hankering for some fried food on a stick or thought he'd blend in with the Carnies. As of an hour ago he still hasn't been apprehended. The correctional facility used to be a state mental hospital (hence the beautiful campus) and yes, minimum security means the guards don't even carry guns.

I have a .380, 22 & 223 with me at all times in the Polaris.

A 380 handgun but why a 22 when you have a 233 ?
Just curious

The 22 is primarily for armadillos, which are destroying our Bermuda & brome fields, pastures, yard/landscaping around the house. Trapping them was an epic fail so we pick 'em off any time we can and they're a lot easier to remove in one piece. ;-)
0 x

Ky hills
GURU
GURU

Postby Ky hills » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:02 pm

Ryder wrote:
Ky hills wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
Wouldn't the Lord provide protection? Or is this one of the cases where he helps those whom help themselves? ;-)

BR, I have a friend that has been a preacher for over 40 years, he say that he has always heard people quote that phrase, but he has yet to find it in the scriptures.

If memory serves, see the Book of James.
"Faith without works is dead."
Or as some express it, "Corresponding action".

This is where the subject of religion can get astray, when differences in interpretation come into play. I am not trying to be promoting a certain interpretation on this forum, just explaining how I have heard that verse defined. The way that I have understood that verse is that the works referred to are akin to doing good deeds, i.e. working at doing good in place of or in addition to faith. The presumed reciprocal would be if one has faith then they will likely also desire to do good works. Again not promoting a particular belief just attempting to define the interpretation that I have heard. As with many others there are differing views on that particular verse.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:20 pm

Ky hills wrote:
This is where the subject of religion can get astray, when differences in interpretation come into play. I am not trying to be promoting a certain interpretation on this forum, just explaining how I have heard that verse defined. The way that I have understood that verse is that the works referred to are akin to doing good deeds, i.e. working at doing good in place of or in addition to faith. The presumed reciprocal would be if one has faith then they will likely also desire to do good works. Again not promoting a particular belief just attempting to define the interpretation that I have heard. As with many others there are differing views on that particular verse.

I bet this is going to wake up Mod2. But...

Bill. To echo your words...people depending on their agenda use the ancient words of the bible, which are subject to numerous translations, to support whatever agenda they fancy at the moment. One day a verse means this....the next day it means that.

Count the number of times someone got in your face and said "the bible says this". To tell you the truth if my bible ever starts talking to me, I might become a believer but so far I have to read it. At the end of the day, my reading of it may result in an entirely different meaning than yours.
1 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

JMJ Farms
GURU
GURU

Postby JMJ Farms » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:35 pm

Ky hills wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:

BR, I have a friend that has been a preacher for over 40 years, he say that he has always heard people quote that phrase, but he has yet to find it in the scriptures. .

Thank Ben Franklin for this one. "God helps those who help themselves" is probably the most often quoted phrase that is not found in the Bible. This saying is usually attributed to Ben Franklin, quoted in Poor Richard's Almanac in 1757. In actuality, it originated from Algernon Sydney in 1698 in an article titled Discourses Concerning Government.
5 x
“Watch your top knot” - Will Geer as Bear Claw in Jeremiah Johnson

TCRanch
GURU
GURU

Postby TCRanch » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:26 pm

I'll be darned. He even took communion & sang hymns. Makes me wonder if he actually wanted to leave the Big House in the first place. :?
http://www.newscow.net/2018/08/06/escap ... rushed-in/
1 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:11 pm

Bright Raven wrote:Bill. To echo your words...people depending on their agenda use the ancient words of the bible, which are subject to numerous translations, to support whatever agenda they fancy at the moment. One day a verse means this....the next day it means that.

Count the number of times someone got in your face and said "the bible says this". To tell you the truth if my bible ever starts talking to me, I might become a believer but so far I have to read it. At the end of the day, my reading of it may result in an entirely different meaning than yours.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 707749002/
1 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:37 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:Bill. To echo your words...people depending on their agenda use the ancient words of the bible, which are subject to numerous translations, to support whatever agenda they fancy at the moment. One day a verse means this....the next day it means that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 707749002/

I am glad you posted that. I never thought that all those years of enforcing government laws and regulations was doing God's work. If Sessions can claim that, then it has to be right. lol
0 x
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:06 pm

Bright Raven wrote:https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2018/06/16/jeff-sessions-bible-romans-13-trump-immigration-policy/707749002/

I am glad you posted that. I never thought that all those years of enforcing government laws and regulations was doing God's work. If Sessions can claim that, then it has to be right. lol[/quote]

It didn't stop when England split from the Catholic church, no no. I just find it amazing how people can twist words in so many directions to fit their needs. I'm sure there's a lawyer that will find a way to tell you the sky isn't really blue and the sun isn't shining if it meant their client was found not guilty.
1 x
For the great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together. ~Vincent van Gogh
The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.-Julius Caesar

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:27 pm

Ky hills wrote:
Bright Raven wrote:
JMJ Farms wrote:

You also won't find "hate the sin, love the sinner"...somebody pulled that out of their a$$
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:00 pm

TexasBred wrote:You also won't find "hate the sin, love the sinner"...somebody pulled that out of their a$$

I've never heard that quoted as scripture. I always known that's just paraphrasing the teachings.
2 x
I wish my brain could forget what my eyes have seen.

"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”