Looking for for program to keep track of cattle and blood li

Anything that doesn't fit in the other boards.
Rainbow Hills Dexter Farm

Looking for for program to keep track of cattle and blood li

Postby Rainbow Hills Dexter Farm » Sun Jan 24, 1999 9:44 am

I am looking for a program that will help keep track of cows +calves .and their linage. If the program also heps in the farm record keeping it would be great.
<br>
<br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

starnesj@semo.net
0 x

Frankie

Re: Looking for for program to keep track of cattle and bloo

Postby Frankie » Mon Jan 25, 1999 9:27 am

Check out http://www.cattlepro.com. I am looking for a program that will help keep track of cows +calves .and their linage. If the program also heps in the farm record keeping it would be great.<p>
<br>
0 x

Brian Davenport

Re: Re: Looking for for program to keep track of cattle and

Postby Brian Davenport » Fri Jan 29, 1999 10:30 am

If all you are interested in is keeping track of your cattle and linages, the best thing is get one of the family tree programs. They are a lot less expensive than the specialty programs being written for ag users. Of course, they won't help with herd management but I also use a good database program to keep track of all the data I need-EPD, health, etc. It is a little more trouble but since I'm a small operator, it saved me a lot of setup money.<p>
<br>

jbat1@shawneelink.net
0 x

miriam b. foshee

Re: Looking for for program to keep track of cattle and bloo

Postby miriam b. foshee » Tue Feb 23, 1999 8:12 am

(User Above) wrote:: I am looking for a program that will help keep track of cows +calves .and their linage. If the program also heps in the farm record keeping it would be great.<p>

<br>

mbfoshee@mindspring.com
0 x

Mike Igau

Re: Re: Looking for for program to keep track of cattle and

Postby Mike Igau » Tue Feb 23, 1999 9:41 am

CattlePro 2000 for commericial and purebred breeders. Several versions available.<br>I am a distributor and technical support advisor for CattlePro 2000.The program is a complete and comprehensive herd tracking<br>and performance measurement program. You are able to generate many reports such as pedigree, purchase and sale of cattle reports for end of year<br>accounting, herd inventory, health, adjusted weaning and yearling weights, etc. Too find out more about<br>CattlePro 2000 you can access my web site.<br>http://www.sunset-west.com/srs.html<br>You can download a demo and review the program.It is windows based and is<br>Y2K compliant. The program has evolved over a period of many years and is widely used by large and small ranch operations, <br>and agricultural universities.<p>
<br>
<ul><li><a href="http://www.sunset-west.com/srs.html">Sunset Ranch Systems</a></ul>

migau@cattlepro.com
0 x

Return to “Every Thing Else Board”