SAV Bruiser

Breed your cows to the best bulls in the nation!
angus9259
GURU
GURU

Re: SAV Bruiser

Postby angus9259 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:23 pm

I don't intend to use him again. Could be a good bull if you were finishing your own cattle I suppose. Not sure he's a fit for calves going to the sale barn. His numbers are good. This gets into the age old battle of numbers vs looks and results you can "see". His calves were not as good as the eathington sub zero calves or the double vision calves I've had but probably better than the basin excitement calves. Definitely not as good as my D806 or CJ Prestige herd bulls.
0 x

GN+
Beginner
Beginner

Postby GN+ » Fri May 11, 2018 8:30 pm

angus9259 wrote:I don't intend to use him again. Could be a good bull if you were finishing your own cattle I suppose. Not sure he's a fit for calves going to the sale barn. His numbers are good. This gets into the age old battle of numbers vs looks and results you can "see". His calves were not as good as the eathington sub zero calves or the double vision calves I've had but probably better than the basin excitement calves. Definitely not as good as my D806 or CJ Prestige herd bulls.

By not as good, do you mean they didn’t suit you phenotypically, or they didn’t weigh up with the sub zeros and double visions? We’ve had about 10 between last year and this year and they’ve all been explosive growth critters. I’ve got a 3 month old bruiser heifer right now that looks to be outgrowing all the other AI calves. Including the bulls
0 x

hornedfrogbbq
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby hornedfrogbbq » Fri May 11, 2018 9:18 pm

I find it fascinating how much the difference in calves is from the same bull and certain calves. I think we all see differences based on our cows. Perhaps that is obvious.
1 x

Return to “Artificial Insemination (AI) for Cattle”