Whitlock

Breed your cows to the best bulls in the nation!
Tbrake
Cowhand
Cowhand

Re: Whitlock

Postby Tbrake » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:52 am

Chisum is hard to beat. I have sold and saved several bulls out of him. And his heifers are top notch
0 x

Air gator
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Air gator » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:37 am

You could also try Summit from Select Sires. Whitlock and Summit are half brothers.
Summit doesn't have the $B value that Whitlock has but his HP is 12.1. His daughters have made him popular.
He's on my short list to use because of his good reports. His $W is $89.75 but the epd that makes you pick your spots with him is SC....he's .24. A man who collects bulls told me as long as it isn't a negative it's OK. He warned me off bulls with extremely high SC. Once again it points out the thought of avoiding extremes. I also like Chisum by the way....Check out Genex on Facebook and there is a video with really nice Chisum calves...look to me almost what you would expect out of Charlo.
0 x

Supa Dexta
GURU
GURU

Postby Supa Dexta » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:01 am

I have one cow bred to whitlock this year. Big soggy girl.
0 x

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:01 pm

Air gator wrote:A man who collects bulls told me as long as it isn't a negative it's OK. He warned me off bulls with extremely high SC.
Once again it points out the thought of avoiding extremes.
I also like Chisum by the way...

I prefer bulls with above breed average SC, but it seems bulls above top 3% SC are not fertility improvers.

Prime example:
Mytty In Focus
sc 1.97 top 2% .97 accuracy and bottom 5% HP .82 accuracy

GAR Sure Fire
Top 1% sc 2.48 yet below breed average hp (62 percentile) with 47% acc. so his hp could easily drop even lower
0 x

Return to “Artificial Insemination (AI) for Cattle”