Feedback on ss niagara bull

Breed your cows to the best bulls in the nation!
Double R Ranch
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Feedback on ss niagara bull

Postby Double R Ranch » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:08 pm

Forgot to put BW’s. BW’s have been in the high 70’s and middle 80’s.
He does seem to add some belly white.
0 x

Tbrake
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Tbrake » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:10 pm

W.B. wrote:They are looking good. Not the prettiest fronted but I think they are feminine enough to be fertile and functional. They for the most part look very much like the picture SS has of his mother. I will keep them and breed them and will know more in time. The steers display more performance than any calving ease bull I have ever used. Very good looking animals that have some meat in them. They look like they will yield better than average. I have a nice group of S Summit daughters in the keeper pen and am considering breeding them to Niagara to make more 3/4 sibs to the ones I have already. I think his calving ease direct is a little higher than his epd shows.

I apprecite all the responses. Sounds like he might be a winner.
WB or DRR- have either of to pelvic measured or track scored yet? Or are they still to young?
Select sires has him on special right now 30-50-100 straw discounts. I wish I had someone close who could split an order with me. I don’t really need 100 straws of him.
0 x

Double R Ranch
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Double R Ranch » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:48 am

Tbrake wrote:
W.B. wrote:They are looking good. Not the prettiest fronted but I think they are feminine enough to be fertile and functional. They for the most part look very much like the picture SS has of his mother. I will keep them and breed them and will know more in time. The steers display more performance than any calving ease bull I have ever used. Very good looking animals that have some meat in them. They look like they will yield better than average. I have a nice group of S Summit daughters in the keeper pen and am considering breeding them to Niagara to make more 3/4 sibs to the ones I have already. I think his calving ease direct is a little higher than his epd shows.

I apprecite all the responses. Sounds like he might be a winner.
WB or DRR- have either of to pelvic measured or track scored yet? Or are they still to young?
Select sires has him on special right now 30-50-100 straw discounts. I wish I had someone close who could split an order with me. I don’t really need 100 straws of him.

Mine are too young still. Sorry. Man I wish I could get in on that deal as well. I definitely am going to use him another year.
0 x

W.B.
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby W.B. » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:40 pm

We will be pelvic measuring in early May.
0 x

W.B.
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby W.B. » Fri May 18, 2018 8:14 am

All the Niagara daughters passed the pelvic exam.
1 x

Tbrake
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Tbrake » Sat May 19, 2018 6:34 am

W.B. wrote:All the Niagara daughters passed the pelvic exam.

That is great to hear, thank you for the update
0 x

Return to “Artificial Insemination (AI) for Cattle”