CCR Boulder and TJ Main Event Simangus bulls.

Breed your cows to the best bulls in the nation!
jd720
Cowhand
Cowhand

CCR Boulder and TJ Main Event Simangus bulls.

Postby jd720 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Just wondering if anyone on here has had calves or seen calves out of either of them. We have ABS and Select Sires reps. that makes these easier to get than ordering and paying $90 for shipping and handling for ordering a few straws of WC Lockdown or WC Bullseye from Cattlevisions. Looking to breed some heifers this fall so trying to make a decision soon.
0 x

Till-Hill
Rancher
Rancher

Re: CCR Boulder and TJ Main Event Simangus bulls.

Postby Till-Hill » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:47 pm

Ask your select rep if they have any tj easy money or tnt jumpstart left. I have 100's of units of success with heifers with them bulls. Calving ease go with a highly proven option first. Abs has some too, just can't think of them at moment
0 x

SIMMGAL
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby SIMMGAL » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:01 am

jd720 wrote:Just wondering if anyone on here has had calves or seen calves out of either of them. We have ABS and Select Sires reps. that makes these easier to get than ordering and paying $90 for shipping and handling for ordering a few straws of WC Lockdown or WC Bullseye from Cattlevisions. Looking to breed some heifers this fall so trying to make a decision soon.

If you're ever up around VA I have some Lock Down straws that I'd sell you! :lol2:
0 x
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cattle and that's pretty much the same thing as far as I'm concerned! ;-)

Lucky_P
GURU
GURU

Postby Lucky_P » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:27 pm

Used a cane of CLRS Aftershock (Liked the double shot of Hooks Shear Force behind him)... all calves came easily and grew well.
Guess if I were gonna use a 1/2SM-1/2AN black bull on heifers, I'd go for the TJ Main Event bull, just because of the significantly higher WW epd. First-calf heifers are gonna give up about 70 lbs WW to mature cows... might as well go for as much growth as you can.
0 x

Return to “Artificial Insemination (AI) for Cattle”