Angus Sires Changing of the Guard

Breed your cows to the best bulls in the nation!
pdfangus
GURU
GURU

Re: Angus Sires Changing of the Guard

Postby pdfangus » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:37 am

I have a CC&7 daughter that I bred yesterday to Conversation from Select Sires. used sexed semen in an effort to get a heifer out of her...
But she is a big cow. maybe too big...but she raises nice calves in our low input environment...
Great temperament.
Conversation becasue he was my choice of the few bulls select had sexed semen on.
0 x
Strength is of no value if it does not have a
useful application for good.
Jim Tate
pdfangus@gmail.com

SchenkAngusFarm
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby SchenkAngusFarm » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:39 pm

talltimber wrote:SAF, Do you have a Black Granite son? Post his pic if you would. Tell me about his calves and replacement heifers. I bought a son last fall, first calves on the ground. My old bull is a CC&7 son and I like him a lot, was hoping this BG son would take his place, but I'm not sure he can. Length and depth is not there I don't think, but it's early to tell on the calves. The bull himself is changing a little bit physically as he gets older, but still not the depth I want. Just trying to find any info I can out there in the real world. Idk if it's just the age difference or not, but he's a little quicker handling than my old bull as well.

sub, that top bull has some crazy numbers.

Warrior, where are the cattle, on fescue?

Yeah, I'l take one for you. We're putting in embryos tomorrow for 40 recips.

I can tell you I love this bull. He is out of a Boyd Forever Lady and he is jet black, solid feet, great disposition, great build and the numbers are great too. He is likely my next herd sire (we use a cleanup bull on our regular registered non-recipe) and I am choosing him over four full SAV Thunderbird sons (full SAV out of an emblynette), two Ten X sons and an Insight son. All out of great females (SAV, Champion Hill, Boyd or VAR).

I may have just struck gold with him but he is really solid.

I haven't bred him yet but I also have a a couple of black granite females that I love. One is out of a SAV Rosetta and she is awesome. She's not ready to breed yet but she lining up just like I like them. I'll try to get a picture of her for you. She is lot 23b from the latest Boyd Sale and she looks every bit as good as her picture.
0 x

Warrior2154
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Warrior2154 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:17 pm

Kentucky. Pastures on our farms have ky 31 fescue that we are inter seeding red/white clover and orchard grass with. Few pastures we have converted over to novel endophyte fescue. Haven't had any problems with HD on our pastures.
0 x

SchenkAngusFarm
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby SchenkAngusFarm » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:55 pm

This is a Black Granite female out of SAV Rosetta. She has a great disposition and will be bred shortly. I think she's pretty good looking too but jmo.
0 x

talltimber
GURU
GURU

Postby talltimber » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:54 am

Thank you, she looks good to me. I'll just have to wait and see what these calves do.
0 x
If you cross the river before, leave a good horse on this side.

Return to “Artificial Insemination (AI) for Cattle”