Whats in the tank for this springs breeding?

Breed your cows to the best bulls in the nation!
midTN_Brangusman
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Whats in the tank for this springs breeding?

Postby midTN_Brangusman » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:30 pm

Dsteim wrote:
midTN_Brangusman wrote:MC Boulder 889Z14
MC Game Changer 127Y42

Have you used boulder in the past? I like our GC son a lot he's almost two. I just bought two more GC heifers from Todd. I've also got one GC heifer that I'm getting AI'd to new vision right now.

I have not but a just bought a bull last fall in the Blackwater sale. I think Boulder is a great sire, he progeny has already topped two sales this year. SVF and BWCC @ 50k each.

BWCC Boulder 192D13 (great performance and has 8 epd's in top 10%) Going to put him on some cows this spring.

I have some GC embryo calves due next month, they are out of a Summit Real Deal cow, looking forward to them!
0 x

wzcattle
Beginner
Beginner

Postby wzcattle » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:07 pm

Tbrake wrote:Wish I could find some confidence plus to use. I guess he has quit collecting?
I’m going to be using
Connealy v-eight
Connealy United
Var discovery
Var eldorado

Still undecided on what to use on heifers. Was going to use confidence plus. These are on my list
RR easy express
Connealy comrade
Fortress

Genex rep told me Confidence Plus stopped producing. Our first calves of Confidence Plus just hit the ground a week ago and they have more bone and width than I expected for a +14 CED bull, but most of ours have not been short gestation, full term mostly. Very pleased so far with them. I was at Connealys sale when United and Comrade sold. Looked over the United bull and liked him very well but never have used him. Didn't look at Comrade. What are your thoughts on United and Comrade?
0 x

wzcattle
Beginner
Beginner

Postby wzcattle » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:16 pm

mncowboy wrote:I plan to use
Chisum 6175,
SAV Supercharger
4M sexed Bismarck

My neighbor has used Chisum and they grew very well but he wouldn't retain any. Used him as a terminal bull, his herd is all Ohlde based but Chisum crossed very well. Do you have any milking daughters? Udders?

frieghttrain wrote:Purebred and fullblood Limousin
AHCC Westwind
FL Olympus Touch
Commercials, trying to use up whats in the tank.
WHS Limelight
NJW Durango(Hereford)
Romn Justice (Limousin) and maybe some Wle Uno Mas (Sim)

Used Westwind on some registered angus cows to produce limflex and wanted to keep double homozygous and keep 50/50 blood. The oldest cows/bulls are 3 now and have been very pleased with the structure, feet, udders, and mothering. Do you reccomend any other purebred double homozygous limousin bulls? Would like to get another line started to cross together.
0 x

frieghttrain
Rancher
Rancher

Postby frieghttrain » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:37 pm

wzcattle wrote:
frieghttrain wrote:Purebred and fullblood Limousin
AHCC Westwind
FL Olympus Touch
Commercials, trying to use up whats in the tank.
WHS Limelight
NJW Durango(Hereford)
Romn Justice (Limousin) and maybe some Wle Uno Mas (Sim)

Used Westwind on some registered angus cows to produce limflex and wanted to keep double homozygous and keep 50/50 blood. The oldest cows/bulls are 3 now and have been very pleased with the structure, feet, udders, and mothering. Do you reccomend any other purebred double homozygous limousin bulls? Would like to get another line started to cross together.
Well Runl Stetson is a darn good bull but not carried by major ai studs you can get him from Grassroots genetics. From major AI studs King Wulf from ABS is probably one of the best in the major studs. I do know Stetson has Cole Wulf Hunt in his pedigree as does Westwind, King Wulf would be my pick for you. Hope that helps, Joe
0 x

Hogtiming
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Hogtiming » Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:48 pm

Acclaim. Resource. Renown Vision unanimous. And may fortress I have seen some calves of his I like
0 x

Tbrake
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Tbrake » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:01 pm

wzcattle wrote:
Tbrake wrote:Wish I could find some confidence plus to use. I guess he has quit collecting?
I’m going to be using
Connealy v-eight
Connealy United
Var discovery
Var eldorado

Still undecided on what to use on heifers. Was going to use confidence plus. These are on my list
RR easy express
Connealy comrade
Fortress

Genex rep told me Confidence Plus stopped producing. Our first calves of Confidence Plus just hit the ground a week ago and they have more bone and width than I expected for a +14 CED bull, but most of ours have not been short gestation, full term mostly. Very pleased so far with them. I was at Connealys sale when United and Comrade sold. Looked over the United bull and liked him very well but never have used him. Didn't look at Comrade. What are your thoughts on United and Comrade?

I would not recommend United for heifers as my rep suggested me. On my gelbvieh heifers I had some around 80 lbs. the head and shoulders were shaped nicely, but still a little bigger than I want my heifers having. The oldest one is right at 1 month, so can’t tell much. So far the are my most impressive calves. Incredibly thick, and stand outs over the other calves. I have reknown, eldorado, and chisum calves on the ground around the same age.
I have some bred to comrade, but none on the ground. I plan on breeding quite a few cows to United in April.
0 x

W.B.
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby W.B. » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:15 am

Haven’t ordered anything yet. SS Niagara, possibly Fortress or Combination, Broken Bow on heifers. If I AI cows we will most likely go with Connealy Mentor and Connealy Spur.
0 x

torogmc81
GURU
GURU

Postby torogmc81 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:48 am

Capitalist
Traction
Insight
LD Capitalist 316 (H)
Flat Top (H)
Old Hickory
Raindance (sexed)
0 x

gizmom
GURU
GURU

Postby gizmom » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:57 am

We breed for fall calves so already out of the tank into the cow:

Buford Pathfinder
Bruin Torque
SAV Reign
SAV Resource
SAV Abundance
Coleman EXT 61449
Bon View Emulation EXT 473
Coleman Charlo

Natural service sires:

Gizmo Recharge D13 324 3436 https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl. ... cFkw%3d%3d

Gizmo Recharge D26 811 3436 - https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl. ... 8Ajw%3d%3d a favorite of mine since birth. His dam and grand dam are both Pathfinder cows.

Gizmo Resource D45 2315 1441 - https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl. ... wt9A%3d%3d

Gizmo FA D53 1226 1339 - https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl. ... l6fA%3d%3d the dam ofthis young bullmade Pathfinder this year really nice young cow.

Gizm Rainmaker C37 7009 6169 - https://www.angus.org/Animal/EpdPedDtl. ... WHGg%3d%3d

Now I have to start planning for next breeding season which is one of my favorite task. All the different possibilities!

Gizmom
0 x
Respect give it to get it!

Dixie2542
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Dixie2542 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:24 pm

We plan to use
Chisum 6175,
Visions Unanimous,
Hoover Dam,
LD Capitalist 316 (Heifers),
and possibly Black Granite..
0 x

hornedfrogbbq
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby hornedfrogbbq » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:51 am

Mill Bar Hickok - Heifers
Impression - Heifers
Broken Bow - cows
Fortress - cows
Traction - cows
0 x

dbird33
Beginner
Beginner

Postby dbird33 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:53 pm

We will use
EXAR Endurance 3949B - Cows
Rampage - Heifers/Cows
SAV Resource - Cows
Boyd New Day - Cows
CC&7 - Heifers/Cows
PVF Insight - Show Heifers
0 x

NEFarmwife
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby NEFarmwife » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:03 am

We have some new stuff this year, based solely on finishing them out.

3F Epic and Byergo Blackstone.

Our flushes, for maternal will be MGR Treasure (sexed) and a SAV that we haven’t quite pondered hard enough yet. I’m waiting to get the Genomics back on one of our heifers. Her EPDs aren’t all there. May flush her to our Styles Up N Coming because he makes some nice looking females too.

Have some other stuff we bought a few of. Some from Game On, SAV Sensation, SAV Resource, etc... because we’ve used them in the past and like their calves. I know the stop at Herbster, on way down to Byergo resulted in some other Semen purchased but I haven’t seen what was bought yet.
0 x

Cibster
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Cibster » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:23 pm

Still doing some research, but this is the list I'm pondering so far:
LD Capitalist 316 (Heifers)
Connealy Legendary
CTS Remedy
TEX Playbook (looking for a Payweight son)
Ellingston Homestead

Need to look up these bulls a little more and see what they are producing out there.
0 x

SchenkAngusFarm
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby SchenkAngusFarm » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:16 pm

Acclaim
Bismarck female sexed
Rampage female sexed
Right Time
Colonel
Expand
Weigh Up
Lookout

I may also use a freightliner. My favorite herd sire ever was out of freightliner. I know he's not a huge name but I loved that herd sire out of him. He was awesome. He finally got old and I held onto him a year too long and he lost it. Broke three gates and went nuts. I still miss him to this day.
0 x

Return to “Artificial Insemination (AI) for Cattle”