CCR Wide Range

Breed your cows to the best bulls in the nation!
Bird
Cowhand
Cowhand

CCR Wide Range

Postby Bird » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:43 am

Anyone having experience with this simm bull? If so what are your thoughts? Thanks

SIMMGAL
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: CCR Wide Range

Postby SIMMGAL » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:42 pm

I've had a few, so my sample size is relatively small. Born easy out of both cows and first calf heifers. Definitely adds depth of body and keeps frame size in check from what I've noticed. I have a son out of him that I retained for my own herd. I liked him enough that I have also sampled his full brother (CCR Santa Fe) and a son (BCLR Wide Load). Wide Load added a bit of leather, but like Range, the calves were born easily and have grown fast so far. For what it's worth I've kept them all.

Best of luck to you!
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cattle and that's pretty much the same thing.

Jeanne - Simme Valley
GURU
GURU

Postby Jeanne - Simme Valley » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:19 am

I have never used him. Very difficult to sample all the good ones, because there are so many out there. Phenotype - he looks great - the type I would use. Pedigree is great. Numbers look good, not extreme. Calving Ease with great growth. Moderate priced.
Simme Valley of New York - http://www.SimmeValley.com
"We make a living by what we get,
we make a life by what we give."

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:23 am

Bull looks good. 3/4 blood so he has versatility. Worth checking out.
"Looking for an honest man".
Diogenes.

jd720
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby jd720 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:45 pm

I used him on an Ebony`s Trademark cow that`s due in Sept. I`m hoping he will add some depth of body It won`t be long till I find out.