Tapadero Stirrups

All about horses.
BRYANT
Rancher
Rancher

Tapadero Stirrups

Postby BRYANT » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:33 pm

I think I am going to try to buy me a pair of Tapaderos for my mule saddle. Anyone know anything about them that you can tell me ,good ones or bad ones ????, I have not been able to find them in the tack stores around here so I will have to order them on line or I know someone that says he can make them for me if I can come up with a drawing or pattern. I hate to order them not seeing if they are made good.
any advice ?? or maybe someone has some they are not using ??
thanks
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

Angus Cowman
GURU
GURU

Re: Tapadero Stirrups

Postby Angus Cowman » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:51 pm

If you are on Facebook there is several sites that offer cowboy gear for sale
It isnt junk it is everyday good using puncher quality stuff I just seen a pair up for auction
If they had to actually work with a Spade and Hoe versus electing them we would all be better off (Caustic Burno 2011)

Angus Cowman
GURU
GURU

Postby Angus Cowman » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:53 pm

Angus Cowman wrote:If you are on Facebook there is several sites that offer cowboy gear for sale
It isnt junk it is everyday good using puncher quality stuff I just seen a pair up for auction

Also if you want to order online order from a reputable place such as Texas Ranch Outfitters or even Teskeys as they only sell quality stuff
I would try Texas Ranch Outfitters first
If they had to actually work with a Spade and Hoe versus electing them we would all be better off (Caustic Burno 2011)

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:48 pm

To me, there apt to keep up with unless you really need them. In my area, you actually need them more than you would think. I've been getting quit a bit of stuff from cow puncher tack here lately. I've not been disappointed in the quality of the product, or the customer service.
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Angus Cowman
GURU
GURU

Postby Angus Cowman » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:19 pm

Bigfoot wrote:To me, there apt to keep up with unless you really need them. In my area, you actually need them more than you would think. I've been getting quit a bit of stuff from cow puncher tack here lately. I've not been disappointed in the quality of the product, or the customer service.

Texas Ranch Outfitters owns Cow Puncher
I have several of their bits and other products and they build good quality stuff for working punchers

js1234
Rancher
Rancher

Postby js1234 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:54 pm

if you want some monkey nosed taps, cowpuncher is a good option. buckaroo style, id try tips saddlery.

NolanCountyAG
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby NolanCountyAG » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:22 pm

If you want rawhide, look at big bend saddlery. Most of the guys I work with get theirs from them.

Angus Cowman
GURU
GURU

Postby Angus Cowman » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:14 pm

NolanCountyAG wrote:If you want rawhide, look at big bend saddlery. Most of the guys I work with get theirs from them.

I forgot about Big Bend
They are a good one very good quality

BRYANT
Rancher
Rancher

Postby BRYANT » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:10 pm

I found this pair of tapaderos that I like pretty good, they seem to be very well made out of a heavy leather.
they are custom made ,I was told , the maker is Mike Morisoli Clovis, Ca. anyone know anything about his product. I was told he builds custom saddles ???

God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

js1234
Rancher
Rancher

Postby js1234 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:24 am

Out in that country, I'd look at Ryan Cope in Oakdale, California too.

Return to “Horse Talk!”