Tapadero Stirrups

All about horses.
BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Tapadero Stirrups

Postby BRYANT » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:33 pm

I think I am going to try to buy me a pair of Tapaderos for my mule saddle. Anyone know anything about them that you can tell me ,good ones or bad ones ????, I have not been able to find them in the tack stores around here so I will have to order them on line or I know someone that says he can make them for me if I can come up with a drawing or pattern. I hate to order them not seeing if they are made good.
any advice ?? or maybe someone has some they are not using ??
thanks
0 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

Angus Cowman
GURU
GURU

Re: Tapadero Stirrups

Postby Angus Cowman » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:51 pm

If you are on Facebook there is several sites that offer cowboy gear for sale
It isnt junk it is everyday good using puncher quality stuff I just seen a pair up for auction
0 x
If they had to actually work with a Spade and Hoe versus electing them we would all be better off (Caustic Burno 2011)

Angus Cowman
GURU
GURU

Postby Angus Cowman » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:53 pm

Angus Cowman wrote:If you are on Facebook there is several sites that offer cowboy gear for sale
It isnt junk it is everyday good using puncher quality stuff I just seen a pair up for auction

Also if you want to order online order from a reputable place such as Texas Ranch Outfitters or even Teskeys as they only sell quality stuff
I would try Texas Ranch Outfitters first
0 x
If they had to actually work with a Spade and Hoe versus electing them we would all be better off (Caustic Burno 2011)

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:48 pm

To me, there apt to keep up with unless you really need them. In my area, you actually need them more than you would think. I've been getting quit a bit of stuff from cow puncher tack here lately. I've not been disappointed in the quality of the product, or the customer service.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Angus Cowman
GURU
GURU

Postby Angus Cowman » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:19 pm

Bigfoot wrote:To me, there apt to keep up with unless you really need them. In my area, you actually need them more than you would think. I've been getting quit a bit of stuff from cow puncher tack here lately. I've not been disappointed in the quality of the product, or the customer service.

Texas Ranch Outfitters owns Cow Puncher
I have several of their bits and other products and they build good quality stuff for working punchers
0 x

js1234
Rancher
Rancher

Postby js1234 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:54 pm

if you want some monkey nosed taps, cowpuncher is a good option. buckaroo style, id try tips saddlery.
0 x

NolanCountyAG
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby NolanCountyAG » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:22 pm

If you want rawhide, look at big bend saddlery. Most of the guys I work with get theirs from them.
0 x

Angus Cowman
GURU
GURU

Postby Angus Cowman » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:14 pm

NolanCountyAG wrote:If you want rawhide, look at big bend saddlery. Most of the guys I work with get theirs from them.

I forgot about Big Bend
They are a good one very good quality
0 x

BRYANT
GURU
GURU

Postby BRYANT » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:10 pm

I found this pair of tapaderos that I like pretty good, they seem to be very well made out of a heavy leather.
they are custom made ,I was told , the maker is Mike Morisoli Clovis, Ca. anyone know anything about his product. I was told he builds custom saddles ???

0 x
God Bless America Again, Help Us To See All Lives Matter

js1234
Rancher
Rancher

Postby js1234 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:24 am

Out in that country, I'd look at Ryan Cope in Oakdale, California too.
0 x

Return to “Horse Talk!”