Page 1 of 1

Tapadero Stirrups

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:33 pm
by BRYANT
I think I am going to try to buy me a pair of Tapaderos for my mule saddle. Anyone know anything about them that you can tell me ,good ones or bad ones ????, I have not been able to find them in the tack stores around here so I will have to order them on line or I know someone that says he can make them for me if I can come up with a drawing or pattern. I hate to order them not seeing if they are made good.
any advice ?? or maybe someone has some they are not using ??
thanks

Re: Tapadero Stirrups

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:51 pm
by Angus Cowman
If you are on Facebook there is several sites that offer cowboy gear for sale
It isnt junk it is everyday good using puncher quality stuff I just seen a pair up for auction

Re: Tapadero Stirrups

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:53 pm
by Angus Cowman
Angus Cowman wrote:If you are on Facebook there is several sites that offer cowboy gear for sale
It isnt junk it is everyday good using puncher quality stuff I just seen a pair up for auction

Also if you want to order online order from a reputable place such as Texas Ranch Outfitters or even Teskeys as they only sell quality stuff
I would try Texas Ranch Outfitters first

Re: Tapadero Stirrups

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:48 pm
by Bigfoot
To me, there apt to keep up with unless you really need them. In my area, you actually need them more than you would think. I've been getting quit a bit of stuff from cow puncher tack here lately. I've not been disappointed in the quality of the product, or the customer service.

Re: Tapadero Stirrups

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:19 pm
by Angus Cowman
Bigfoot wrote:To me, there apt to keep up with unless you really need them. In my area, you actually need them more than you would think. I've been getting quit a bit of stuff from cow puncher tack here lately. I've not been disappointed in the quality of the product, or the customer service.

Texas Ranch Outfitters owns Cow Puncher
I have several of their bits and other products and they build good quality stuff for working punchers

Re: Tapadero Stirrups

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:54 pm
by js1234
if you want some monkey nosed taps, cowpuncher is a good option. buckaroo style, id try tips saddlery.

Re: Tapadero Stirrups

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:22 pm
by NolanCountyAG
If you want rawhide, look at big bend saddlery. Most of the guys I work with get theirs from them.

Re: Tapadero Stirrups

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:14 pm
by Angus Cowman
NolanCountyAG wrote:If you want rawhide, look at big bend saddlery. Most of the guys I work with get theirs from them.

I forgot about Big Bend
They are a good one very good quality

Re: Tapadero Stirrups

Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:10 pm
by BRYANT
I found this pair of tapaderos that I like pretty good, they seem to be very well made out of a heavy leather.
they are custom made ,I was told , the maker is Mike Morisoli Clovis, Ca. anyone know anything about his product. I was told he builds custom saddles ???

Image

Re: Tapadero Stirrups

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:24 am
by js1234
Out in that country, I'd look at Ryan Cope in Oakdale, California too.