Bad neighbors

All about horses.
jvicars
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby jvicars » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:01 pm

if she is next door put hog pens right on your fence line. let her see real country for a bit. i had a similiar issue. i had an ex family friend come by and tell me how to raise hogs and their pen was dirty and they were mistreated. the hogs are all huge and gettin ready to be butchered. in the mean time she load my horses up with feed while they were in the barn and almost got them sick. complained about the chickens walking around etc. complained that my cattle dogs where in a pen on dirt. etc. etc.

This was when i was out of town and she was supposed to be doing some work at the horse not missing with the animals that were being watch by my neighbor. she said she was going to call animal control about the hogs and dogs.

of course she leaves in the city and knows it all.
0 x

rc
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby rc » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:55 am

Well my tree hugging neighbor recently moved from the city's dead tree fell on the fence( my fence) tearing down a 20 foot section and then complained when 3 of my cows got out on his place. After letting my cows back in and telling him I would fix the fence and cut the remaining section of the dead tree down he said it was a habitat for birds..........go figure.
0 x

cowgirllinda1952
Beginner
Beginner

Re: Bad neighbors

Postby cowgirllinda1952 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:36 pm

i REALIZE THIS IS A VERY OLD POST, BUT i HAD TO RESPOND. When I was in my teens, we lived in the country, and had horses, my daddy was a commercial beekeeper. A family from the city with young children moved down the road. My dad's "honey house", as well as the beehives were very visible. They had only lived there a short while til they began complaining about the bees bothering their kids in the pool, and so forth. About a year later, another city family moves in, and demands we sell our horses, and take down our fences, because he moved to the country to look at "wide open spaces" not fences!!!
0 x

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:48 am

cowgirllinda1952 wrote:i REALIZE THIS IS A VERY OLD POST, BUT i HAD TO RESPOND. When I was in my teens, we lived in the country, and had horses, my daddy was a commercial beekeeper. A family from the city with young children moved down the road. My dad's "honey house", as well as the beehives were very visible. They had only lived there a short while til they began complaining about the bees bothering their kids in the pool, and so forth. About a year later, another city family moves in, and demands we sell our horses, and take down our fences, because he moved to the country to look at "wide open spaces" not fences!!!
so many ways id have approached this,, gives me goosebumps :cowboy:
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Ouachita
GURU
GURU

Postby Ouachita » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:31 am

ALACOWMAN wrote:
cowgirllinda1952 wrote:i REALIZE THIS IS A VERY OLD POST, BUT i HAD TO RESPOND. When I was in my teens, we lived in the country, and had horses, my daddy was a commercial beekeeper. A family from the city with young children moved down the road. My dad's "honey house", as well as the beehives were very visible. They had only lived there a short while til they began complaining about the bees bothering their kids in the pool, and so forth. About a year later, another city family moves in, and demands we sell our horses, and take down our fences, because he moved to the country to look at "wide open spaces" not fences!!!
so many ways id have approached this,, gives me goosebumps :cowboy:

After my Dad died 2 years ago, I bought all the land from my step mom, except for the house and 5 acres. Dad's land bordered my place, so it was more strategic purchase than necessity. The house finally sold last September. It's likely the realtor did not explain to these city folk how big (small) 5 acres is, and because there was not yet a fence up between my land and their land, they might have thought that big field was theirs. They hadn't even finished moving in, when one Saturday night I took my wife and kids diller hunting. It was about 9pm. Those folks called the sheriff because somebody was driving a truck and shooting loud guns on THEIR land. When the sheriff arrived, with his bath robe on, I explained everything but the neigbors would not hear it. They insisted that I had to have driven across there land from the county road to get into that field. They did not know my house was half mile behind them. I hopped back in the truck and drove home, through the field. Next day, there was a fence up, with NO TRESPASSING signs aimed their direction. Wife baked them a Christmas basket. I broke a garden spot for them. Turns out they are really nice folks. Good fences make good neighbors
0 x
If a really diligent man puts all of his energy into the exclusive effort, a molehill can be made into a mountain

ALACOWMAN
Mentor
Mentor

Postby ALACOWMAN » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:58 am

misunderstandings will happen... but someone comes to me insisting i take down my fences,, and get rid of my stock.... well thats just entertainment for a redneck :cowboy:
0 x
Santa Claus, the ultimate Yankee....

Return to “Horse Talk!”