Smuggled horses in West Texas found to be diseased

All about horses.
NiceFarmer31
Cowhand
Cowhand

Smuggled horses in West Texas found to be diseased

Postby NiceFarmer31 » Sat May 19, 2012 8:21 am

U.S. Border Patrol agents recently seized 10 adult horses and four yearlings as they attempted to enter Texas illegally by walking across the Rio Grande River near Indian Hot Springs, in southern Hudspeth county, south of El Paso. The animals were turned over to the United States Department of Agriculture, Animal Plant Health Inspection Service, Veterinary Service (USDA/APHIS/VS) officials, who tested the horses in Presidio, Texas for a number of disease conditions that are considered foreign to the U.S.

http://desiroushorse.blogspot.com/2012/ ... nd-to.html
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Smuggled horses in West Texas found to be diseased

Postby TexasBred » Tue May 22, 2012 2:06 pm

Guess noone told them that horses are pretty worthless in Texas right now. :lol:
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

M5farm
GURU
GURU

Re: Smuggled horses in West Texas found to be diseased

Postby M5farm » Tue May 22, 2012 2:23 pm

NiceFarmer31 wrote:U.S. Border Patrol agents recently seized 10 adult horses and four yearlings as they attempted to enter Texas illegally by walking across the Rio Grande River near Indian Hot Springs, in southern Hudspeth county, south of El Paso. The animals were turned over to the United States Department of Agriculture, Animal Plant Health Inspection Service, Veterinary Service (USDA/APHIS/VS) officials, who tested the horses in Presidio, Texas for a number of disease conditions that are considered foreign to the U.S.

http://desiroushorse.blogspot.com/2012/ ... nd-to.html

I wander if they will deport them or give the FREE vet care. They will probally claim the yearlings were born here and should be given immunity.
0 x
Move along, nothing to see here.

Return to “Horse Talk!”