Postby hooknline » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:29 pm

Good news!
0 x

denvermartinfarms
GURU
GURU

Re: Dragging front toe

Postby denvermartinfarms » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:52 pm

Good deal i have been trying to keep up on this.hope the progress continues!
0 x
This world is not my home i'm just passing through

cross_7
GURU
GURU

Postby cross_7 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:00 pm

update ?
0 x
She said you're ramblin' man
You ain't ever gonna change
You got a gypsy soul to blame
And you were born for leavin'

Isomade
GURU
GURU

Postby Isomade » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:44 pm

cross_7 wrote:update ?

Gets just a wee bit better every few days. :D
0 x
The quickest way to lose money in the cattle business is to do it the way grandpa did it.....and the quickest way to lose everything in the cattle business it to forget the way grandpa did it. (Dad)

Isomade
GURU
GURU

Postby Isomade » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:15 am

He is running cutting and a buckin and fartin like the old days. :D The shoulder is still a bit sore I noticed last week when I had him trimmed. I also notice that the shoulder muscle looks like it is attached just a wee bit higher on the injured side. I'm thinking he tore the muscle and it reattached different. I'm gonna give him another six weeks before climbing back on him.
0 x
The quickest way to lose money in the cattle business is to do it the way grandpa did it.....and the quickest way to lose everything in the cattle business it to forget the way grandpa did it. (Dad)

chippie
GURU
GURU

Postby chippie » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:40 am

awesome! happy that he is doing so well : )

0 x
What is this hand basket and where are we going?

cow pollinater
GURU
GURU

Postby cow pollinater » Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:50 pm

Be forewarned...muscle attatchments tend to fail again if they don't heal just right the first time. I'm on failure number three on my arm. :lol: It does get less painfull each time though.
I admire your patience. I'd likely have put him down by now... I myself have learned to grin when it hurts to avoid A$$holes like myself who think if it limps it should die.
0 x

Isomade
GURU
GURU

Postby Isomade » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:19 am

cow pollinater wrote:Be forewarned...muscle attatchments tend to fail again if they don't heal just right the first time. I'm on failure number three on my arm. :lol: It does get less painfull each time though.
I admire your patience. I'd likely have put him down by now... I myself have learned to grin when it hurts to avoid A$$holes like myself who think if it limps it should die.

I talked to Doc ( my vet) tonight, while we were pulling a breech 100# calf out of a heifer. He said patience is the key with most of the horse injuries he sees. He said you would be amazed at how many people have given me very nice horses over the years because they didn't want to spend the money for an expensive surgery or wait it out. Some of em take 6 months some a year and of course some never recover. But I've wound up with some mighty fine horses.
0 x

Isomade
GURU
GURU

Postby Isomade » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:51 pm

I brought him home yesterday afternoon. I put him in the pen with my daughters horse which is a
20x40 ft with half covered. My daughter horse didn't take to him at first but it seemed things settled down so I went in and went to bed. Now, this pen is made of 5 1/2 foot tall panels. The next morning I went out to feed them and when I opened the door my daughters horse was looking at him across the fence :shock: . I walked around and checked everything, every panel was buttoned up tight. He jumped! I separated my daughter horse, and moved him back in. Thankfully he didn't even show the slightest limp. I just can't get over him jumping a 5 1/2 foot fence with a gimp leg and no room for a runnin start. Not a mark on any panel or him.
0 x

Return to “Horse Talk!”