Looking forward to 2014

All about horses.
MistyMorning
GURU
GURU

Re: Looking forward to 2014

Postby MistyMorning » Sun May 12, 2013 9:21 pm

cypressfarms wrote:
MistyMorning wrote:Total eye candy there Cypress! You always have pics of the nicest looking horses. I too have a "thang" for Arabians, dish nose, slight frame, endurance. It's on my bucket list to own one someday. Since I'm aging rapidly I need to git on that project.

Hey Misty,

I have the perfect colt for you, lol. I just started working with him. (See other post). I sell most of my Arabians really really cheap, and on time. Once I was lucky enough to have a few mares, I realized that only well to do people could enjoy these beautiful animals; so I purposely sell foals very cheap to NON BREEDERS, preferably families that want a good all around horse.

Do we need to continue this conversation in private? :nod: :lol2: I want a filly, I have 2 mares and don't think a boy would fit in well with these two. I never and I mean never want to breed as I leave that business to those that know what they are doing. I only want a good, no, great trail horse and I saw a couple of Arabians out in Medora a few years ago, they went all day and I mean 8 hours, got up and did it again for 6 days straight. Amazing.......
0 x
I have long known it was part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth... ~ Bill Bryson

cypressfarms
GURU
GURU

Re: Looking forward to 2014

Postby cypressfarms » Tue May 14, 2013 8:34 pm

MistyMorning wrote:
cypressfarms wrote:
MistyMorning wrote:Total eye candy there Cypress! You always have pics of the nicest looking horses. I too have a "thang" for Arabians, dish nose, slight frame, endurance. It's on my bucket list to own one someday. Since I'm aging rapidly I need to git on that project.

Hey Misty,

I have the perfect colt for you, lol. I just started working with him. (See other post). I sell most of my Arabians really really cheap, and on time. Once I was lucky enough to have a few mares, I realized that only well to do people could enjoy these beautiful animals; so I purposely sell foals very cheap to NON BREEDERS, preferably families that want a good all around horse.

Do we need to continue this conversation in private? :nod: :lol2: I want a filly, I have 2 mares and don't think a boy would fit in well with these two. I never and I mean never want to breed as I leave that business to those that know what they are doing. I only want a good, no, great trail horse and I saw a couple of Arabians out in Medora a few years ago, they went all day and I mean 8 hours, got up and did it again for 6 days straight. Amazing.......

That's funny Misty, I don't think we need privacy yet :) This young colt will be gelded, as I own his sire, so I can reproduce another similar to him if I want to. I will agree with your assessment of an Arabians stamina. There is NO COMPARISON. An Arabian will out work, out run, out almost anything any other horse. There is a reason that virtually every light breed in existence today has Arabian blood in it. The is a reason that certain breeds still keep their books open to Arabians (example ; if you breed an Appaloosa to an Arabian and the resulting baby has one of the six acceptable coat variations, it can be registered as a 100% App. - although technically it's a half arab) Breeds have been doing this for years, including Arabian blood to refine or get certain wanted traits. Although the Arabian is considered the jack of all trades, it is the master of endurance. There is no other horse that even comes close to an Arabians ability to travel long distances and quickly. Forget Hidalgo, Hollywood fodder, you will never make me believe that a mustang paint could even come close to keeping up to purebred Arabians from the deserts. Yeah, I think I like Arabians......
0 x
waiting for something really important to say

Return to “Horse Talk!”