Just felt like sharing this morning

All about horses.
Alan
GURU
GURU

Just felt like sharing this morning

Postby Alan » Tue May 07, 2013 11:19 am

This is my horse, he's a QH stallion, we still own him dam. She was AI'd and he was born on our place. I imprinted him at birth and raised and trained him. I think he was just over three when this video was shot my son shot the video, we were at the end of the "war" stage of training a stallion. He's a lap dog now. please don't laugh at the fat guy on the end of the video ...... He's very sensitive. :lol: Warning the video is way too long, a little over 5 minutes. :?

[youtube]T299r6D9dP0[/youtube]
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

TN Cattle Man
GURU
GURU

Re: Just felt like sharing this morning

Postby TN Cattle Man » Tue May 07, 2013 11:34 am

Good looking stallion Alan!

Looks to me like he likes to show off for the camara... good thing he honors that fence line!
0 x
As for me and my house... We will Serve the Lord!

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Tue May 07, 2013 11:38 am

Here's a couple of pics; first day out of the stall and when he was a long yearling feeling a bit frisky. Comment or don't just been talking horses with a couple of members and felt like sharing.

0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Tue May 07, 2013 11:43 am

TN Cattle Man wrote:Good looking stallion Alan!

Looks to me like he likes to show off for the camara... good thing he honors that fence line!

Thanks, he respects the 8000 volts more then the low fence. :lol: When we shot the video I was next to the camera with a lunge whip and we had a mare off camera at the other end of the fence. This was meant as a promotion video back when there was still a horse market. :?
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue May 07, 2013 2:42 pm

I must admit....I skipped on down the video to watch the "fat guy" in action. :lol: :lol: :help:
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Tue May 07, 2013 5:28 pm

TexasBred wrote:I must admit....I skipped on down the video to watch the "fat guy" in action. :lol: :lol: :help:

:lol: :lol: okay I watched the video for the first time in a very long time this morning and I knew the old fat guy in the video was not me! :shock: What happened to my days of 190lbs playing football and wrestling in school! To steal a line from a movie " HEY TWO YEARS VARISITY!!!"

Now to drink another beer and reminisce. :D
0 x

cypressfarms
GURU
GURU

Postby cypressfarms » Tue May 07, 2013 7:52 pm

First,

Your not fat.

Second, beautiful horses!!!!!
0 x
waiting for something really important to say

MistyMorning
GURU
GURU

Postby MistyMorning » Tue May 07, 2013 8:14 pm

He is gorgeous! What power in the hind end! The horse that is. ;-)
0 x
I have long known it was part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth... ~ Bill Bryson

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Wed May 08, 2013 12:29 pm

MistyMorning wrote:He is gorgeous! What power in the hind end! The horse that is. ;-)

:lol: :lol: I'm like a lot of men, when I turned 45 my hind end went to my belly ...... Right TB? :lol:
0 x

chippie
GURU
GURU

Postby chippie » Fri May 10, 2013 8:29 pm

He is very nice Alan. He is out of a Kay Cee Leaguer daughter, right? He sure is flat kneed and a good mover. Do you ride him?
I like the Zips Chocolate Chip horses, they can be difficult until they are 7 or 8. Not everyone gets along with them. We have two. If you can make it through the juvenile years, you end up with an amazing horse.
Thanks for sharing the video.
0 x
What is this hand basket and where are we going?

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Fri May 10, 2013 9:26 pm

chippie wrote:He is very nice Alan. He is out of a Kay Cee Leaguer daughter, right? He sure is flat kneed and a good mover. Do you ride him?
I like the Zips Chocolate Chip horses, they can be difficult until they are 7 or 8. Not everyone gets along with them. We have two. If you can make it through the juvenile years, you end up with an amazing horse.
Thanks for sharing the video.

Thanks Chippie, yes the mare is a Kay Cee leaguer daughter, she is the sorrel in the pic I posted as him as a foal. The sorrel mare's dam is a full sister to a horse named "Triples". You can google him or PM me for more details.

He was a handful when he was younger ( as goes my "war years" comment) but a long ways from the hardest stud I have raised or handled. Although you are right in saying as he got older he is a nicer horse to handle and deal with as a stallion.

I have only been on him twice, :oops: :oops: , he is way too much horse for me at this time under saddle. I'm turning 55 yrs old and way to old to bounce. I have seen him on a dead run go about 3 ft off the ground a turn about 240 degrees ( much more than 180 degrees ) while 3 feet in the air and land and continue on the run. No I'm not getting on again, I have a gelding to ride. :D He is very athletic and very easy to handle in hand, I'm just not willing to be broken for a while. :lol: :lol:

I'll try to get a good pic of him in the next couple of days, it's been too long since I snap a recent pic of him.

Alan
0 x

cross_7
GURU
GURU

Postby cross_7 » Fri May 10, 2013 10:12 pm

Alan wrote:This is my horse, he's a QH stallion, we still own him dam. She was AI'd and he was born on our place. I imprinted him at birth and raised and trained him. I think he was just over three when this video was shot my son shot the video, we were at the end of the "war" stage of training a stallion. He's a lap dog now. please don't laugh at the fat guy on the end of the video ...... He's very sensitive. :lol: Warning the video is way too long, a little over 5 minutes. :?

Is he gimpy in the left rear in that video or is it just me ?
0 x
She said you're ramblin' man
You ain't ever gonna change
You got a gypsy soul to blame
And you were born for leavin'

Alan
GURU
GURU

Postby Alan » Fri May 10, 2013 10:19 pm

cross_7 wrote:
Alan wrote:This is my horse, he's a QH stallion, we still own him dam. She was AI'd and he was born on our place. I imprinted him at birth and raised and trained him. I think he was just over three when this video was shot my son shot the video, we were at the end of the "war" stage of training a stallion. He's a lap dog now. please don't laugh at the fat guy on the end of the video ...... He's very sensitive. :lol: Warning the video is way too long, a little over 5 minutes. :?

Is he gimpy in the left rear in that video or is it just me ?

No he was fine and has never been lame, that video is about three years old.
0 x

3waycross
Mentor
Mentor

Postby 3waycross » Fri May 10, 2013 11:18 pm

Good horse Alan and he moves well. He have much speed?
0 x
USA.......... ride for the brand or get out!

cross_7
GURU
GURU

Postby cross_7 » Fri May 10, 2013 11:42 pm

No he was fine and has never been lame, that video is about three years old.

[/quote]

He's sure enough an athlete
Thought he'd appeared to have some discomfort coming out of the corner
0 x
She said you're ramblin' man
You ain't ever gonna change
You got a gypsy soul to blame
And you were born for leavin'

Return to “Horse Talk!”