Seems like there's money to be made, don't know where?

All about horses.
Alan
GURU
GURU

Seems like there's money to be made, don't know where?

Postby Alan » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:22 pm

Took 2 more cow calf pairs to the sale today. Two horses went through, not bad looking horses, one went for $10 the other for $25. Just seems like there is money to be made here I don't know where though. :? Any thoughts?

Also posted I the coffee shop, any help?
0 x
I'm not afraid of hard work, I can lay down next to it and fall asleep without a problem.

chippie
GURU
GURU

Re: Seems like there's money to be made, don't know where?

Postby chippie » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:27 am

the money in the horses are those that are well trained and have done something (that can be proven.) The people that want to show with the big bucks are spending big bucks. A friend recently paid $60k for a horse for her daughter. The girl has already won multiple world championships with the gelding. The girl is very talented and her parents wanted a talented proven horse for her to succeed. Another well off friend recently paid 10k for an unshown yearling. this summer it has a couple or world and reserve world championships in yearling stallions. He is registered with 4 registries.

If you have the connections and good horses, you can get the $$$
0 x
What is this hand basket and where are we going?

Son of Butch
GURU
GURU

Postby Son of Butch » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:42 am

Alan wrote:Two horses one went for $10 the other for $25. Just seems like there is money to be made here I don't know where though. :? Any thoughts?

You would think there has to be money in 'em just for pet food alone...but I don't know where or how either, sorry.
0 x

Running Arrow Bill
GURU
GURU

Postby Running Arrow Bill » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:30 pm

Someone once said, "The only money in horses is what you spend on them..."

We can thank PETA, EPA, the Libtards, Tree Huggers, and related for outlawing horse slaughter. With all the unwanted horses, uncontrolled breeding, etc., eating them would feed a lot of homeless & welfare people...just tell them "It's Meat Hamburger", made in the USA...lol.
0 x
RUNNING ARROW FARM, LLC
Registered Texas Longhorns & TWH's
Senior Sires, "TOTEM POLE" & "JBR CASH"
http://www.runningarrowlonghorns.com
longhorncattle2013@gmail.com

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:00 pm

You can do what they are doing around her. Just pull one out of the kill lot and feed it till it looks decent and advertise on a Facebook farm site for $1500.00. In the ad just say it was your best horse two years ago but you ran out of time for it. Some of these guys/gals are knocking down some serious cash doing that.
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

TB521
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby TB521 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:51 pm

My vet told me their get .60 a pound for them at one of the sale barns he works they send them to Canada for slaughter
0 x

milkmaid
GURU
GURU

Postby milkmaid » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:00 pm

I did pretty well for a few summers buying cheap (or free) unbroke stud colts and turning them into decent riding geldings...

I'd be cautious of a sale barn unless you're really, really savvy or are deliberately buying the stuff you know is cheap because the owner says it's not broke, not handled, not gelded or vaccinated or dewormed. I've gotten burned a few times and I thought I knew what I was doing. lol.
0 x
Basics needed to answer questions: age, weight, breed, sex. # affected vs # in group, feed type/amount, prior vaccinations, deworming, antibiotics, any recent changes....

More info = better answers.

Return to “Horse Talk!”