Who keeps their tack neat?

All about horses.
Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Who keeps their tack neat?

Postby Bigfoot » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:30 pm

It's a pet peave of mine, and enjoy being anal about it.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Who keeps their tack neat?

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:33 pm

Looks better than my clothes closet. :(
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

jedstivers
GURU
GURU

Postby jedstivers » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:42 pm

I don't keep anything neat.
0 x

cow pollinater
GURU
GURU

Postby cow pollinater » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:48 pm

My tack is the only thing I own that is always neat. I want everything just so so that if I need to slap a saddle on and go right now I don't have to think.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:56 pm

I actually like everything to have order to it. I suspicion, I might have OCD. No joke actually.
0 x

slick4591
GURU
GURU

Postby slick4591 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:07 pm

I can't keep my desk that organized. Well done!
0 x
"If the mountain were smooth you couldn't climb it." ~ unknown

Ouachita
GURU
GURU

Postby Ouachita » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:18 pm

Bigfoot wrote:I actually like everything to have order to it. I suspicion, I might have OCD. No joke actually.

Bigfoot, I think almost every picture you have posted has been a model of perfection. From your fences, outbuildings, etc. You may be OCD. I know a few people who are, and neatness is a trait they all share. I have only known it to be a handicap with one person. 20 years I had a supervisor that called me at 6am on a Sunday. He wanted me to drive to the airport (an hour round trip), to make sure the propellers on the company plane were both clocked the same. He hated if they didn't stop oriented exactly the same. Stuff like that caused him sleepless nights
0 x
If a really diligent man puts all of his energy into the exclusive effort, a molehill can be made into a mountain

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:42 pm

I don't do really outwardly OCD things. For instance I personally know someone that taps a light switch 7 times when they turn it off, saying off out loud every time. I do line things up, obsess over small details, that sort of thing. This isn't a cry for help, but I really would like to stop. It's probably the only thing my wife and I have trouble over. I see putting the milk back in the refrigerator with the label facing out as the only logical choice. She does not.
0 x

M5farm
GURU
GURU

Postby M5farm » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:04 pm

I have successfully beat the ocd neatness disorder. Start small with just laying a wrench down and walking away. It's hard but with time you can be successful also.
0 x
Move along, nothing to see here.

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:12 pm

M5farm wrote:I have successfully beat the ocd neatness disorder. Start small with just laying a wrench down and walking away. It's hard but with time you can be successful also.

We joke so much, I never know when we're serious. Did you really beat it?
0 x

M5farm
GURU
GURU

Postby M5farm » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:26 pm

Bigfoot wrote:
M5farm wrote:I have successfully beat the ocd neatness disorder. Start small with just laying a wrench down and walking away. It's hard but with time you can be successful also.

We joke so much, I never know when we're serious. Did you really beat it?

LOL, It was lighthearted. In my younger years It was bad cause everything had to be perfect. Kids, age, time has a way of making little things not as important. I still do some t things that most would consider OCD. For years my shop and tools had a specific place and now it completely opposite. About twice a year I will put everything back in the tool boxes the rest of the time the tools are all piled on a table. I know where everything is though. I still check gates and doors multiple times. Crooked pictures drive me nuts.
0 x
Move along, nothing to see here.

TennesseeTuxedo
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TennesseeTuxedo » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:47 pm

Nothing wrong with "a place for everything and everything in its place" philosophy.
0 x
Time for a snappy new signature.

milkmaid
GURU
GURU

Postby milkmaid » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:43 am

I don't think everything in life should be obsessively organized.... but there's nothing wrong with specific areas of one's life being OCD. The milk in the fridge might be a little much (lol), but workspaces and tack rooms sure aren't.

I'm a little OCD about the kitchen and other living spaces I spend a lot of time in being clean and organized - at least when I'm living by myself. When my roommate is in town or I'm not on an externship.... I've learned to be comfortable with it not being perfect. Working 80 hours a week or working the overnight shift fixes some OCD tendencies too. lol. :P
0 x
Basics needed to answer questions: age, weight, breed, sex. # affected vs # in group, feed type/amount, prior vaccinations, deworming, antibiotics, any recent changes....

More info = better answers.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:36 pm

Bigfoot wrote:I don't do really outwardly OCD things. For instance I personally know someone that taps a light switch 7 times when they turn it off, saying off out loud every time. I do line things up, obsess over small details, that sort of thing. This isn't a cry for help, but I really would like to stop. It's probably the only thing my wife and I have trouble over. I see putting the milk back in the refrigerator with the label facing out as the only logical choice. She does not.

Turn it the other direction on purpose a few times. Make a point to make yourself do it differently.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

LRTX1
GURU
GURU

Postby LRTX1 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:35 pm

Used to work with a feller that was ocd in a bad way. Hours of entertainment that feller was. Used to go in his office while he was at lunch and twist his phone cord a bit. Move his office chair a few inches. He would spend the next 10 minutes cleaning and making sure his office was how it should be.
0 x
Layne

Education is expensive, no matter where you get it.

Education is important but, cold beer is importanter.

Return to “Horse Talk!”