All about horses.
TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Financing horse stuff

Postby TexasBred » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:16 pm

cow pollinater wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
BTW AC what gives with carrying the wallet in the front pocket?? Don't want to mess up the look of that cute little "bootie'?? :lol2: :lol2: :mrgreen:

Go spend a few weeks at a time in the saddle. The wallet in the back pocket is the first thing that goes and underwear is the next. :lol:

I can understand that. But most of these guys have never worked from a saddle.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:18 pm

jedstivers wrote:I don't even carry a wallet anymore. Haven't in 20 years or more. I have a little money clip that has a place for cards and keep that in my front pocket. To many years driving.

Same here. I carry a money clip in my front pocket with the money folded around my DL, credit card and CHG permit.
0 x
“If it were up to me, I would put in jail every sandal-wearing, scruffy-bearded weirdo who burns the American flag.....“But I am not king.”....Supreme Court Justice Scalia

John SD
GURU
GURU

Postby John SD » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:24 pm

TexasBred wrote:
jedstivers wrote:I don't even carry a wallet anymore. Haven't in 20 years or more. I have a little money clip that has a place for cards and keep that in my front pocket. To many years driving.

Same here. I carry a money clip in my front pocket with the money folded around my DL, credit card and CHG permit.

I still carry wallet in right hip pocket. Spare change and some Kleenex in right front pocket. Pocket knife, comb, nail clippers in front left front pocket. Top tear duplicate checkbook and a pen in left front shirt pocket, cell phone securely in right shirt pocket.
0 x
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness
copyright July 4, 1776

Smile and do something nice for a liberal today. It will drive them nuts!

talltimber
GURU
GURU

Postby talltimber » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:48 am

cow pollinater wrote:
TexasBred wrote:
BTW AC what gives with carrying the wallet in the front pocket?? Don't want to mess up the look of that cute little "bootie'?? :lol2: :lol2: :mrgreen:

Go spend a few weeks at a time in the saddle. The wallet in the back pocket is the first thing that goes and underwear is the next. :lol:

I still carry mine in the front pocket but have went back to wearing "draws" I did change to thin boxers though. :lol:

The big dog attitude is still alive and well in MO, especially in the high school rodeo crowd. If they can swing it more power to them. What I saw often, with both high school'ers and average rodeo/average roping folks, is a 40k trailer hauling a 1500 dollar horse. It looked like the "show" was more important than what they had to work with after they got there.
0 x
If you cross the river before, leave a good horse on this side.

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:56 pm

talltimber wrote:I still carry mine in the front pocket but have went back to wearing "draws" I did change to thin boxers though. :lol:

The big dog attitude is still alive and well in MO, especially in the high school rodeo crowd. If they can swing it more power to them. What I saw often, with both high school'ers and average rodeo/average roping folks, is a 40k trailer hauling a 1500 dollar horse. It looked like the "show" was more important than what they had to work with after they got there.

I tried me some of those boxer "draws". Just could never get use to them. Couldn't keep my shyt in the right place. :lol:
0 x

Angus Cowman
GURU
GURU

Postby Angus Cowman » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:57 am

TB
I have carried my wallet or a money clip in my front pocket since I was in my late teens
Riding horses, running heavy equipment,working or driving a wallet in my back pocket hurt my back
Also it is harder to lose
I lost my wallet when I was about 17 stopped to go swimming and when changing my wallet fell out and landed under the truck
Luckily a few older gents found it while fishing a few days later and turned it in everything was still in it including a few $100
0 x
If they had to actually work with a Spade and Hoe versus electing them we would all be better off (Caustic Burno 2011)

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:44 pm

Angus Cowman wrote:TB
I have carried my wallet or a money clip in my front pocket since I was in my late teens
Riding horses, running heavy equipment,working or driving a wallet in my back pocket hurt my back
Also it is harder to lose
I lost my wallet when I was about 17 stopped to go swimming and when changing my wallet fell out and landed under the truck
Luckily a few older gents found it while fishing a few days later and turned it in everything was still in it including a few $100

Tried it the other day just for the heck of it. Guess it's something you get use to. Everytime I moved seems I pinched something in there with that wallet.
0 x

littletom
Rancher
Rancher

Postby littletom » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:27 pm

talltimber wrote:
cow pollinater wrote:
TexasBred wrote:

I still carry mine in the front pocket but have went back to wearing "draws" I did change to thin boxers though. :lol:

This is what I was thinking the whole time reading this old thread. Its not what you pull in, but what you back off.
0 x

Return to “Horse Talk!”