bucking bull breeds

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Re: bucking bull breeds

Postby Bigfoot » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:54 pm

About 6 months old. Probably wean him next month. Not growing to fast. Doubt he'll weigh 400 pounds. Moves like a gazelle though.
0 x
A tumble bug makes a hard livin. Why? Cause that's just the way be nice is.

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:44 am

Bigfoot wrote:About 6 months old. Probably wean him next month. Not growing to fast. Doubt he'll weigh 400 pounds. Moves like a gazelle though.

Looks pretty good. What are the bloodlines?
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

HeII is other people. ~Sartre

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:59 am

Bestoutwest wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:About 6 months old. Probably wean him next month. Not growing to fast. Doubt he'll weigh 400 pounds. Moves like a gazelle though.

Looks pretty good. What are the bloodlines?

One of his cows, and a bull named little Zorro. We are going to register his as just out of 1st generation ABBI cow. When we AI'd, we can't be 100% certain that's the straw I used. I know, you don't have to tell me :lol:
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:56 pm

Just shy of a year old. I'd guess him to weigh 625. Probably going to tip his horns in the near future.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:19 pm

How's his attitude?
0 x
How many a man has dated a new era in his life from the reading of a book. ~Henry David Thoreau

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:04 pm

Bestoutwest wrote:How's his attitude?

It's not bad at all, and that kinda worries me. I've seen bucking bulls at the little rodeos we go to that you could scratch though, so who knows.
0 x

Bestoutwest
GURU
GURU

Postby Bestoutwest » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:16 pm

Bigfoot wrote:
Bestoutwest wrote:How's his attitude?

It's not bad at all, and that kinda worries me. I've seen bucking bulls at the little rodeos we go to that you could scratch though, so who knows.

I was at a PBR and got to scratch one of the Panhandle Slim clones, and Bring It of Flying U. I've also seen some mean SOB's that will make wonderful hamburger. You never know....
0 x

midTN_Brangusman
Rancher
Rancher

Postby midTN_Brangusman » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:08 am

When I was in my late teens/early twenties I use to ride local rodeos. My buddies and I would ride the barrel bull for hours. There was a man in locally that bought bulls at the sale barn and charge us to ride. We would train his bulls that bucked and the nonbuckers went back to the sale barn. If you had a good seat on one he would blow a whistle for you to jump off before the bull stopped bucking, lot a training goes in to them dudes. Nod your head and he would hit em with a hot stick coming out of the chute. Didn't take long they would learn to blow out and would be be nice! : Last time I rode I got hung up and twisted my arm in ways I didn't know was possible, still cant screw a light bulb in left handed. :lol:
Last edited by midTN_Brangusman on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

j_20
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby j_20 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:14 am

Bigfoot I'm sure you have access to an arena with a bucking chute, what about a bucking dummy? Bout time to see what that dude will do.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:24 am

j_20 wrote:Bigfoot I'm sure you have access to an arena with a bucking chute, what about a bucking dummy? Bout time to see what that dude will do.

Going to haul him to my alma mater, towards the end of their semester.
0 x

Bigfoot
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Bigfoot » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:29 am

This bull has no blood lines. He's just out of one of my heifers last year. I was saving him for a heifer bull this year. I'm going to haul him a little to. I figure they'll travel better in a pair. They've been penned together for 6 weeks or so already. He actually has some attitude compared to the other bull.
0 x

j_20
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby j_20 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:51 pm

Some attitude is fine but I've been on and around many bulls that you could walk right up to in their home pen but put em in the chute flank em and they know its showtime, they do their job then go back to being pretty easy to deal with.
0 x

Brute 23
GURU
GURU

Postby Brute 23 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:38 pm

My understanding is breed, attitude, color or any thing else doesn't matter as long as it bucks. They will ride and breed a goat if it will buck.

There are people you can call if you think you have a prospect. They will by them out right or raise them on up in shares.
0 x
Brimmer Pimpin Ain't Easy

Stanford777
Cowhand
Cowhand

Postby Stanford777 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:31 pm

I know it's a long shot, but a long time ago a little yellow bull branded J-31 was bucked a few times on a local circuit and the owner thought he was trash..... That bull turned out to be the most dangerous bull of his time, Bodacious
0 x

TexasBred
Mentor
Mentor

Postby TexasBred » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:30 am

Brute 23 wrote:My understanding is breed, attitude, color or any thing else doesn't matter as long as it bucks. They will ride and breed a goat if it will buck.

There are people you can call if you think you have a prospect. They will by them out right or raise them on up in shares.

Mostly true but a bucking bull breeder told me they really don't want bulls that are mean. Just one that bucks like he// and heads for home after doing his job.
0 x
A dung beetle walks into a bar, looks around and says "Is this stool taken"????

Return to “Breeds Board”