We need more Lower Tier Bulls

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your favorite breed.

Clodhopper
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Re: We need more Lower Tier Bulls

Postby Clodhopper » Tue May 23, 2017 12:09 pm

In my part of Illinois and Indiana, it's called chowder. By definition (mine), it needs to have squirrel in it, and be cooked over a wood fire. Some people swear it needs to be cooked under a catalpa tree, soo the catalpa worms fall into the pot from the rising heat, but I won't go that far. You ever seen one of them suckers?

I happen to live in the self proclaimed chowder capitol of the world. I'm not sure about that, but every small community and club for miles around has a chowder every year.
0 x

Bright Raven
GURU
GURU

Postby Bright Raven » Tue May 23, 2017 12:16 pm

Clodhopper wrote:In my part of Illinois and Indiana, it's called chowder. By definition (mine), it needs to have squirrel in it, and be cooked over a wood fire. Some people swear it needs to be cooked under a catalpa tree, soo the catalpa worms fall into the pot from the rising heat, but I won't go that far. You ever seen one of them suckers?

I happen to live in the self proclaimed chowder capitol of the world. I'm not sure about that, but every small community and club for miles around has a chowder every year.

In my childhood, every other farm house had a catalpa tree in the yard. I never see one now. Do you still have them?
0 x

Nesikep
Mentor
Mentor

Postby Nesikep » Tue May 23, 2017 1:09 pm

Bright Raven wrote:
Clodhopper wrote:In my part of Illinois and Indiana, it's called chowder. By definition (mine), it needs to have squirrel in it, and be cooked over a wood fire. Some people swear it needs to be cooked under a catalpa tree, soo the catalpa worms fall into the pot from the rising heat, but I won't go that far. You ever seen one of them suckers?

In my childhood, every other farm house had a catalpa tree in the yard. I never see one now. Do you still have them?

We have a very old catalpa tree.. last thing around here to leaf out and bloom.. it's a pretty dilapidated old tree with no vigor left in it
0 x
The only possible end result of treating all animals like people is that all people will be treated like animals

Clodhopper
Trail Boss
Trail Boss

Postby Clodhopper » Tue May 23, 2017 1:44 pm

Bright Raven wrote:

They're thick in these parts, I have two in my yard. They've been in bloom lately. There'll almost always be a storm to blow the blooms off them, but we missed the big one last Saturday, so I don't think that will happen this year.
0 x

Return to “Breeds Board”